How do you get salon hair w/o rollersets?

VirtuousGal

I know that the typical domi regimen of Roller than blow out or wrap can get silky results. But I dont have my rollers right now and I wanna wash my hair but still look sleek. What can I do? Air dried doesnt usually work for me, I'm open for suggestions though. Mind you I have combs/brushes, blowdryer and flat iron, but please give tips on how to get salon results with hair health in mind! Thanks ladies!

Everyone's hair is different, but the only way I get anywhere near DS results is with a flat iron. Some people are skilled enough to get the results with a round brush, but I am not.
I would air dry my hair in two ponytails to get it as straight as possible, pinning the ends flat against my scalp. Once dry I run a flat iron over each section (once). I spray my hair first with a heat protectant or silicone product.

SleekandBouncy said:
Everyone's hair is different, but the only way I get anywhere near DS results is with a flat iron. Some people are skilled enough to get the results with a round brush, but I am not.
I would air dry my hair in two ponytails to get it as straight as possible, pinning the ends flat against my scalp. Once dry I run a flat iron over each section (once). I spray my hair first with a heat protectant or silicone product.

I do this as well.

Try a wrap. It always works for me and I dont have damage at all when I do this. If you can do a wrap or know sombody who does give it a go! There's no heat and no brushing involved. I wash, deep condition, after deep conditioning I add a hair polisher ( for me it must be thick not the spray kind.) along with setting foam, then wrap, dry under a hooded dryer or if you have time tie a scarf around your hair ( not to tight or it will leave indented marks in you hair) and dry overnight. Unwrap in the morning add some more polisher or some of you fav oils and be off on your way. HTH :)

Back