How do you get kinky twists to blend with hair...

InsertCleverNameHere

that is straight or loosely curled? I was wondering this because I really like the kinky twists extensions but do they blend really well with most hair? I am naturally what I guess would be 3b and just recently I got a perm so my hair is pretty loosely curled.

This is what I would like to know. I am transitoning and so a lot of my hair is relaxed. Can I blend in the kinky twists extensions with my own hair? Will they slip out?

It depends on what technique the person doing your hair uses. Some braid it first - this is a strong hold, but I don't think it looks as natural. Another way is to twist them in, this is difficult to master and does not seem as secure as braids but last just as long if done right, and looks fantastick very Natural! I know a shop owner in Brooklyn that twist them in, she also holds classes on how to do this technique. I kept mine for almost 6 months with two tochups.

I've used both human hair for kinky twist which is extremely expensive - the human hair is softer and less damaging to me. The synthetic looks just as good as the human but can be stiff at first which can cause some breakage if not handled with care. HTH

I forgot to add, I've always had a relaxer when I've got my hair twisted, but I do wait as much as 5 weeks or more after the relaxer to give hair strength

You do not have to use kinky hair to create your twists. You can use a texture that blends in with your natural hair texture.
Take a look at this site:
http://www.khamitkinks.com/Home.html
Goto "onlinestore" and click on "hair"
You will see twist hair styles that were created with curly hair added in.

Thanks afashinonslave, for some reason I was thinking that you had to buy kinky hair. So could I get away with purchasing some 3 dollar a package not so straight hair from sally's or is it absoulutely neccesary to spend like 20 dollars a package. I'm only wanting to keep them in for 3 weeks- 1 month at a time and then redo them (my mom can do all that stuff) so is there any hair on the cheaper side I could purchase?

[ QUOTE ]
soslychic said:

Thanks afashinonslave, for some reason I was thinking that you had to buy kinky hair. So could I get away with purchasing some 3 dollar a package not so straight hair from sally's or is it absoulutely neccesary to spend like 20 dollars a package. I'm only wanting to keep them in for 3 weeks- 1 month at a time and then redo them (my mom can do all that stuff) so is there any hair on the cheaper side I could purchase?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yea, you can buy the cheap stuff. Beauty supply stores have cheap kinky and curly loose hair in stock. You don't have to spend a lot of money.

Back