How do you get "grease" out of the hair?

AllAboutTheHair

How do you get \"grease\" out of the hair?

I am keeping my 2nd cousin (cousin's daughter) this weekend and next week and her hair is caked with grease (petroleum, latum or whatever), her Mom told me it was okay to wash it, but with what? I don't want to receive an A$$ whippin for any injustice to her hair
frown.gif
, she is 10 yrs.old and her hair is natural 4a/b like mine for the most part, looks like it is pretty long (15 to 16 inches, but I can't see how). Please help, I haven't used or had to wash out "grease" in about 10 yrs. TIA.

AATH

Re: How do you get \"grease\" out of the hair?

I would use a clarifying shampoo for the first wash. Then the second wash I would use a moisturizing shampoo. Maybe even a third wash just to be safe.

I also use a good amount of grease/oil and I shampoo 3 times with moisturizing poo. I also scratch my scalp with a fine tooth comb to remove scalp debris, before shampooing. (very important)
smile.gif

Thanks for all the info. should the water temp. be cool or warm when trying to remove hair grease? I was thinking real warm to almost hot to help melt the grease, is that a bad thing?

I use hair butter in my hair and sometimes it's difficult to remove. I use ACV, clarifying poo and then a good moisturing poo.

Kitchentician-

Your hair looks so nice! Is that you in the avatar? Keep up the good work!

My aunt shampoos 2x-3x per month
barf.gif
because she wants to maintain her press as long as possible. To get all the grease and crud out of her hair she applies shampoo to her hair when it's dry. She massages it in and leaves it on for a minute or two and then shampoos like normal. I think she lather 3x-4x... I would recommend a final lather with a gentle, moisturizing shampoo like Breakthru or Jason Sea Kelp and following up with a moisturizing deep conditioner.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
19sweetie said:
Kitchentician-

[/ QUOTE ]
I totally agree your hair looks great
shocked.gif

and it is soo shiny too
What's your secret?
sekret.gif

[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:
My aunt shampoos 2x-3x per month
barf.gif
because she wants to maintain her press as long as possible. To get all the grease and crud out of her hair she applies shampoo to her hair when it's dry. She massages it in and leaves it on for a minute or two and then shampoos like normal. I think she lather 3x-4x... I would recommend a final lather with a gentle, moisturizing shampoo like Breakthru or Jason Sea Kelp and following up with a moisturizing deep conditioner.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

sassygirl, this is how my stylist does my hair when i walk in with all my concoctions in it.
laugh.gif
at home, i use a clarifying shampoo before my moisturizing shampoo. that works good...

Thanks everyone for the info. It turned out pretty well. I shampooed twice with Gunk Removal Shampoo and lastly with CON. I conditioned it and combed with with Suave Milk and honey with EVOO added. She is now sportin' two stand twists with cornrows in the front. I am so J -she has got me by about 5 or 6 inches, her hair is beautiful and soft
smile.gif
(not greasy).

[ QUOTE ]
Sal said:
[ QUOTE ]
19sweetie said:
Kitchentician-

[/ QUOTE ]
I totally agree your hair looks great
shocked.gif

and it is soo shiny too
What's your secret?
sekret.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Sal and 19Sweetie,
My secret is......Grease!
grin.gif

Back