How do you find sigle spilt ends

Shea

I found a few shedded hairs on the bathroom floor a few like two had splitends:mad: :eek: :eek: :eek: . Should I cut them while wet or when dry and how can you tell what they look like while wet or dry? I can only see in when they shed and is directly in my face. Is it better to cut while wet or dry and is there split ends in all hairs if I found some???:look: help please. thanks in advance

I prefer to look for split ends when my hair is dry. I just sit in a well lit area and go thru the hairs, small section by small section. In any one setting, i may find a total of about 3-4. I dont always go thru the whole head, because i may be tired before im done. I'll just come back later (or the next day) and start with a new section. It becomes fun after a while. :lol:

In any event, just because you find one or two splits doesnt mean each strand in your entire head is damaged. Thats why its good to dust on a regular basis, on your own, between professional trims. That way, you can eliminate any new splits that occur before they cause any real damage.

KiniKakes said:
I prefer to look for split ends when my hair is dry. I just sit in a well lit area and go thru the hairs, small section by small section. In any one setting, i may find a total of about 3-4. I dont always go thru the whole head, because i may be tired before im done. I'll just come back later (or the next day) and start with a new section. It becomes fun after a while. :lol:

In any event, just because you find one or two splits doesnt mean each strand in your entire head is damaged. Thats why its good to dust on a regular basis, on your own, between professional trims. That way, you can eliminate any new splits that occur before they cause any real damage.

I agree, this is exactly what I do. But remember to search your hair every 6 to 8 weeks, because if you don't, you may end up with a lot more splits than you want.

I didn't dust for 6 months and hated seeing all of those split ends in my hair. Now I'm the snip....snip....QUEEN:lol: :lol: :lol:

KiniKakes said:

I thought I was the only one who liked snipping my splits!!:) I do the same thing and go section by section. My hair is usually in twists so it makes it really easy to notice the splits.

Back