How do you feel about using a whole product line?

HairTemptress

Hello Ladies,
I was just wondering how you all feel about using products from one line in one sitting?

For example if you shampoo with a Nexxus shampoo you condition with the corresponding conditioner, and Nexxus leave in (if there is one).

Do you think it's necessary?
Do you do this? Why or why not?

I am a firm believe in doing this because I think things are formulated to work together. I do admit that I do add in Roux Porosity Control Shampoo cause it really does just that.............controls the porosity. I use Phyto's Dry Hair Line. The Pre Shampoo Oil, The Shampoo, The Wash Out Conditioner and their Leave in Conditioner. In the Winter I switch over to Phyto's Ultra Dry Line and use all the products. Personally, I hate to try a line that doesn't have both a wash out and leave in conditioner. I make sure I use a leave in conditioner and when I do try new lines, I hate it when they don't have a leave in cause that means I'll have to mix in another line with it.

i feel, if it works for your hair and you see positive results from being exclusive to one line, then go for it!

If the line has products to span all your needs and they all work for your hair then there is great peace of mind knowing that and it takes away a lot of guesswork. I also agree that product lines often are formulated to work together, so there is another plus. also, i see how it will save time and money (from not having to do trial and error with other products, thus wasting cash.)

I used to be more monogamous with using only one line at a time, now i'm more eclectic with my products, but it works for me so i'm happy.

Last edited:
I don't use a whole product line because often a few products in the line are subpar performers. For example, my hair loves Elasta QP's Creme Conditioning Shampoo but their Intense Fortifying Conditioner is meh and leaves my hair dry. Many of the cheapie drug store brands have conditioners that work great for my hair (Herbal Essences, V05) but the shampoos would leave my hair like straw. If my hair does well with shampoo from Company A, conditioner from Company B, DC from Company X, and leave-in from Company Y, that's the regimen I stick to.

do what works for you, i don't think its necessary. it seems rare that someones hair, skin, or body likes everything from one line.

I know 2 people in my class that specifically stick to the Kinky Curly line for their hair. I on the other hand use products from different lines. When I started school I had just did my BC and had about 2-3 inches of hair whereas their natural hair was about neck length. A year later I'm surpassing them both in length and in thickness. I don't know......I just feel like you might be limiting yourself using certain products when there could be something just around the corner that's 10 times better. Personally I would love sticking to one line, it would make my life so much easier, but I just noticed that there's usually just a hand full of good things in a line, all the other stuff is either garbage or meh on my hair. I want my hair to thicken and lengthen at an optimal rate and in order to do so I need the best products.

Last edited:
I used the whole Motions line for about a year. Didn’t notice too much of a difference. So My answer would be no. LOL.

On protein wash days, I use the whole aphogee line... shampoo, protein treatment followed by their balancing moisturizer. This is the only time, I use a whole line. Other than aphogee, I've never had a whole like work.

If I could get one product line to work for me I would. But often 1 or 2 products work well but the rest just don't hit it. I just bought several products from 1 line, 2 weeks ago. The conditioner I like, the leave in is nice, the styling products nope won't be able to repurchase. So if you do that 3 or 4 times then you end up with an array of product and nothing that really works. And its all about doing what works for you.

havnt been focussed enough to try everything from one line. But I do believe (through I dont subscribe) to using products from the same line as they should be designed to work best with each other

hairveda is close love her shampoo bar, moisture conditioner, and styling gel - Just need to try her protein conditioners and whipped ends

Qhemet would be a runner up if I liked their cleansers and they had a protien conditioner

I don't find it necessary. It is all marketing to generate more money, "if you don't use abcdef and g then you aren't going to get the best results with using product 'b' ." If you aren't informed about how hair products work then you might just fall for it...

I tend to avoid it. Visually It's boring for me to have a dozen products that all look the same and I enjoy using different lines because different companies use different ingredients I might enjoy in 1 item but not care about in another item.

I also think different companies have different goals with their products that might more reflect my needs for a certain hair care benefit. Strentghening, moisturizing, silkening etc. I don't need my shampoo to make my hair silky (especially if that would increase the price, not to mention thatd be useless in a shampoo) but I do want my moisturizer to do so.

I think with certain companies it makes a huge difference. Aveda's Damage Remedy has an amazing synergy when the entire line is used.

I use bronner bro. nu expressions salon line (in the past 2-5 months) because I tried it because I got samples for free and realised right away my natural hair loves it. I have add that I also began to use joico moisture, remoisture (idk) I get the sample bottle for now but it gives my hair a good moisture balance after using the nu exp., which seems to be very protein based, but idk for sure. For nu expressions to be heav. protein based would make sense I think because it is a line designed for natural and relaxed hair. Either way it works wonders on my heat treated natural strands. But I want to try aveda's whole line too.

I will be phasing other products out and using two lines exclusively. Hairveda for the bulk of my products, a LUSH moisturizer after protein treatments and Paul Mitchell super skinny serum every once in awhile to help with blowouts. So I think if it works, do it

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I have been wanting to exclusively use one line but it has not worked out. I have narrowed down to like 3-4 lines, the hardest thing for me is to find a great leave in with most lines. If the leave in is good then my hair usually hates the poo and cond

I don't. But possibly could.:look:

However, I'd have to have about 5-6 complete lines in rotation to help with Boredom and Junky-ism.:lol:...:blush:

I don't but could if need but although I don't consider it necessary for my hair's health.

I would love to find an affordable, easily accessible line that meets all of my hair needs. It'd make buying products so simple.

I can't do it simply because I'd get bored. It excites me to have choices. I used to almost have a ceremony picking out my products for a wash. That's how many I used to have. :look:

I COULD exclusively use Silk elements. I love their perm, neutralizing poo, conditioner, moisturer, and silken child detangler and leave in cream. But I don't :giggle:

If I like one thing in a product line then I do what most ppl do and try another item but I rarely use companion shampoos and conditioners together - there's usually something I like about one and not the other so I mix and match.

I could use the entire Nairobi line if the predicts were easily accessible. I love their poo and con leave in and relaxer. I get it during the BB hair show..

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using SPH-M820-BST

Back