How do you do a Hot Oil Treatment?

tiffjust2002

Hello Ladies,
Thanks for reading and thanks for your advice.

How do you do a hot oil treament? I have heard some do it on dry hair and then shampoo & condish. Then I heard you shampoo first then do it on wet hair. I am confused.

What is the difference between a hot oil treament and a pre-poo? Is it that the oil is hot?

How often should/would you do a hot oil treament?

Thanks so much!

I do my hot oil treatment on dry hair because its easier to get to my scalp. I heat the oil by putting the bottle into a bowl of hot water. It should be really warm, but not too hot because you don't want to burn your scalp. I either use an applicator bottle to apply the oil to my scalp or I part my hair and apply with my fingers. It's different from a pre-poo because the pre-poo, whether oil or conditioner, goes on your hair instead of your scalp. I do both at the same time once a week.

I do my hot oil treatment on dry hair because its easier to get to my scalp. I heat the oil by putting the bottle into a bowl of hot water. It should be really warm, but not too hot because you don't want to burn your scalp. I either use an applicator bottle to apply the oil to my scalp or I part my hair and apply with my fingers. It's different from a pre-poo because the pre-poo, whether oil or conditioner, goes on your hair instead of your scalp. I do both at the same time once a week.

I see, that makes sense. So do you comb the oil through your dry hair or just like rub with your hands? Do you think a hair dye brush would work to apply it?

Back