How do you do a BC @ home?

Miosy

I have been growing out my straight hair to texturized but I think I want to go from texturized to natural. My hair is much too fragile and I get these split ends all the time no matter how gentle, protective styles, or moisturizers I use. I've been battle these mini split for the last 2 years! I still haven't figured it out. So, I am totally going to devote myself to a chemical free regime for one year.

My question is, how do you cut the straight hair? Do you flat or blow dry to a straight style or do you cut it while it's wet so you can clearly see the straight hair?

If you cut it while wet, will my hair be uneven?

Thanks!!!!!
Merry Christmas!:)

Miosy said:
I have been growing out my straight hair to texturized but I think I want to go from texturized to natural. My hair is much too fragile and I get these split ends all the time no matter how gentle, protective styles, or moisturizers I use. I've been battle these mini split for the last 2 years! I still haven't figured it out. So, I am totally going to devote myself to a chemical free regime for one year.

My question is, how do you cut the straight hair? Do you flat or blow dry to a straight style or do you cut it while it's wet so you can clearly see the straight hair?

If you cut it while wet, will my hair be uneven?

Thanks!!!!!
Merry Christmas!:)

You can cut it while it's wet or put conditioner on it so you can see the demarcation line.

I used my self-trimming tips in my album to do my "bc" (see link below to journal).

Because I gradually cut it, it made it a lot easier for me. I generally would wash, airdry, then "flat iron" with a large-barrel curling iron (I don't own a flat iron). Once I got it to my shoulders and I wanted to go shorter, I started cutting it wet. I had to switch up my method a little bit, but it came out great.

The reason I started cutting wet is because my hair is way too thick now to cut dry. It's about 3" thick in the back when airdried, so it can only be cut in sections if dry using my trimming method (hope that makes sense).

HTH - let me know if you have add'l questions.

SG

Back