how do you detangle your hair... not when washing

Inches411

hey guys

im trying to figure out the best way to detangle my hair.. for me its a must or my hair can get out of control.. so ive been wearing a braidout for a couple of day and i wanted to detangle before i wash because personally last time i try to wash my hair without doing anything to my hair after the braidout... it made washing very difficult.. so now im doing some experimenting.... I basically have been using man and tail detangler spray all over my hair and detangle gentlly with a wide tooth comb and then i run over it real quick but just once with a detangling brush then i make a big loose braid all over.. i thikn imma slather conditioner on it and go to sleep and hopefully my wash day goes good tmw.. wat yallthink... let me know how u detangle

That's how I detangle mine. I just dampen it a little and slather on some conditioner and detangle with a wide tooth comb and braid in a loose braid until I go to wash it out.

Detangling is one of my biggest issues. I smooth on a creamy leave-in or moisturizer with my fingers. I then bun or braid my hair up for a few minutes (or overnight) to soften it. Once I take it down, I use a wide tooth comb to detangle.

I did a prepoo for the first time Friday and when I say it totally changed my outlook on detangling, I mean it CHANGED IT! It was so much easier. I can't believe I never did this sooner.

Anyway, I prepoo/wash/DC/Condish rinse as normal. Then I did Aphogee Green Tea Reconstructor and followed Traycee's method for detangling with Silken Child's detangler and then I used Nexxus Humectress as my leave in. I detangled with my shower comb in about 10 minutes. It usually takes me about 20 to do b/c I only detangle once a week or so. HTH

First of all, I have to say that I HATE DETANGLING with a passion!
If I'm not under the shower, my hair has to be damp, but if it drys out, I spray a water/glycerine mix on my hair or detangling spray.
I then clip my hair into sections. With each section, I finger detangle first carefully, then I use a shower comb, then a wide tooth.

hey guys

im trying to figure out the best way to detangle my hair.. for me its a must or my hair can get out of control.. so ive been wearing a braidout for a couple of day and i wanted to detangle before i wash because personally last time i try to wash my hair without doing anything to my hair after the braidout... it made washing very difficult.. so now im doing some experimenting.... I basically have been using man and tail detangler spray all over my hair and detangle gentlly with a wide tooth comb and then i run over it real quick but just once with a detangling brush then i make a big loose braid all over.. i thikn imma slather conditioner on it and go to sleep and hopefully my wash day goes good tmw.. wat yallthink... let me know how u detangle

I realized this weekend that this step was missing from my wash regimen. When I detangle on dry hair pre-washing I have broken and shed hairs, when I wash without detangling I lose more hair and sometimes get knots. From now on I will detangle with conditioner before every wash!!:yep:

this is what i do before washing

I do a prepoo.....mix conditioner, oils, shea butter, honey(sometimes), aloe vera juice(going to change to gel), whatever nice goodies i have.

i saturate my hair with this...shower cap....at least 1 hour.

i'll then finger part my hair down the middle........work on one half first.

i take small sections at a time. gently comb from ends to roots......work from front to back then do other half.

I have tried all different methods, in shower wet and dry, and with all different kinds of prepoos. What has worked the best is for me to divide my hair in half, then into four sections total. Working with one section at a time, and further subdividing each section as necessary, I dampen my hair with water, and gently finger detangle, then work through with the Goody Ouchless shine brush (recommended by Pokahontas), also using a widetooth comb as needed. I clip or bantu-knot each section out of the way as I finish with it keep going until I have done all four sections. My hair is usually a nightmare to detangle but discovering that brush has really helped. Thanks Poka!!!

Back