How do you deep condition...wet or dry hair?

krikit96

I'm bout to DC with ORS Hair Mayo for the 1st time. Do you have to have wet hair or do you do it on dry hair and then go under the heater and THEN rinse it out? Please help, I wanna do it before I go to sleep. TIA...

Either, I prefer dry hair but it takes longer to apply because my NG is a jungle and I naturally have mega thick hair. I go under my heat cap, rinse and then follow up with a regular conditioner and air dry in braids. HTH & HHG

Either, I prefer dry hair but it takes longer to apply because my NG is a jungle and I naturally have mega thick hair. I go under my heat cap, rinse and then follow up with a regular conditioner and air dry in braids. HTH & HHG

Thanks, So by doing it on wet hair OR dry hair, it should still work? Does anybody know which way gets the best results?Do you apply it to the entire hair or just the scalp?

Does anybody know which way gets the best results?Do you apply it to the entire hair or just the scalp?
:bump::bump::bump::bump:

Both :look:. I dc with a protein product on dry hair 1hr before I wash my hair and then DC with a moisturizing conditioner on wet hair for 30-45min AFTER I wash. My whole wash and braid up process takes me about 3hrs :yep:

you apply it to both,i massage it into my scalp and make sure i apply to my ends and throughout the rest of my hair then comb for even distribution.

Both :look:. I dc with a protein product on dry hair 1hr before I wash my hair and then DC with a moisturizing conditioner on wet hair for 30-45min AFTER I wash. My whole wash and braid up process takes me about 3hrs :yep:

Oh my!:blush: I don't think I can make it thru that!:nono: I just wanna get it over with. Honestly, I was expecting about 15-20 minutes under the dryer... maybe about 15 minutes applying it to my head... In all I REALLY was hoping to spend no more than an hour for the whole thing... rinse it out in about 5 minutes and then dry and caruso my head. You know. Blow Dry for about 20 minutes and then roll up for about 10 minutes. Is that honestly not a reality?

Oh my!:blush: I don't think I can make it thru that!:nono: I just wanna get it over with. Honestly, I was expecting about 15-20 minutes under the dryer... maybe about 15 minutes applying it to my head... In all I REALLY was hoping to spend no more than an hour for the whole thing... rinse it out in about 5 minutes and then dry and caruso my head. You know. Blow Dry for about 20 minutes and then roll up for about 10 minutes. Is that honestly not a reality?

You should be okay with that timeframe - I have done this before and still came out with great results - as long as you leave the conditioner in your hair at least the minimum time shown on your conditioner -

WHOA! Now that is a process! I don't even use my hair dryer anymore, and my hair turns out fine (I'm a 4a/3c natural). That sounds pretty normal. Just do trial and error. For 2-4weeks try DCing on wet hair and then the next month try dc-ing on dry hair. I've found for *my* hair that protein takes better when my hair is dry and moisture takes better when my hair is wet. But whatever works for you :yep:

For me, the conditioner seems to penetrate better when my hair is damp. I've tried it dry and I didn't like the results. But other women DC on dry hair and their hair turns out great.

Bri505

When you say "That is a process" Are you saying that is too long or that is too much or that is good?
I think I'm gonna try it on dry hair. At least this month. I heard that if I put it in my hair too much, I could overload on protein and end up w/ damage...

I dc on dry hair, i use ors replenshing pak mixed with the ayurvedic powders...and let it sit for an hour with a heating cap.......then I use a gentle shampoo and use Redken Butter Treat, my hair is great.....

Bri505

When you say "That is a process" Are you saying that is too long or that is too much or that is good?
I think I'm gonna try it on dry hair. At least this month. I heard that if I put it in my hair too much, I could overload on protein and end up w/ damage...

Lol I just mean that for *me* THAT is a lot. I'm just a bad stylist :blush:, its a lot easier and simpler for me to slap condish on my hair than to rollerset it :lachen: sad I know! I've heard the same thing too about protein, I just learned to not use the hardcore stuff regularly, I only use it in emergencies. I've never really heard of people saying anything about protein overloads with products like ORS Mayo. I think the key is light-moderate protein conditioners that also moisturize.

I deep condition on wet hair under a plastic bag,no heat because i am lazy to get the dryer out, for 30mins during the week and a hour on the weekend.

Back