how do you cowashing & styling everyday

Napp

Ms. Nobody
how do you co wash & style every day WITHOUT doing wash n gos? My hair is a big fuzz ball after a cowash.
I would like to have a quicker regimen that alows me to co wash every other day but currently im still in the awkward phase (where i cant make a pony tail without trouble and loads of gel) and styling every wash is too time consuming.(shingling takes too long now especially when i do it w/ just conditoner. forget gel.) when i was WNGing i would put it in a puff w/ a headband ans now i see breakage right where the head bands would sit. any tips?

I can't co-wash everyday--honestly, I don't have time to detangle and style. Plus, it's just too much daily manipulation.
What I usually do is re-wet my hair slightly with a spray bottle or dampen my hair a little and apply a little bit of product.

I try to just cowash it early enough so I can roll it up and let it airdry. Are you natural or relaxed? I would just let it dry into a puff if I were natural

you could wear it pulled back up in braids and under a phony pony... i did that for a while. very convenient :yep:

I plait it up and put on my wig if I have to go into the office. Right now I have it in a low ponytail that dried with cute spiral curls with no product, just a bit of conditioner left in.

Attachments

• IMG_0041.JPG
    IMG_0041.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
When I was natural I couldn't CW and go and have a cute style.:nono::nono:

Soooo....I wore twists etc.. and spritzed them daily or whenever I wanted.

That may work--ur hair is getting damp and moisturized w/o the style hassle.

At that in between stage I couldn't do much with my cowashes as far as styling so I kept it in braids. Maybe you could do a shake and go and not worry about the scarf or head band. Or another easy idea is cowash and cover it up with a kufi hat. The elastic around the band is small enough that you can easily adjust it do sit on different spots on you hair (or even at your hair line) so you don't have to wear it in the same spot and get the breakage

i think i will keep the braids and try that kufi hat.

I think its going to depend where you're at what they are called. I get mine for $2 at the BSS. Its the same general idea as the things that alot of people use for their locs (not the wraps) and most often are in the jamician colors

Could you try a wet braid out? Braid hair while wet with a bit of product, let it airdry or apply light heat then unbraid and go? You could do it the night before and let it dry while you sleep, then unbraid your hair in the morning.

how do you co wash & style every day WITHOUT doing wash n gos? My hair is a big fuzz ball after a cowash.
I would like to have a quicker regimen that alows me to co wash every other day but currently im still in the awkward phase (where i cant make a pony tail without trouble and loads of gel) and styling every wash is too time consuming.(shingling takes too long now especially when i do it w/ just conditoner. forget gel.) when i was WNGing i would put it in a puff w/ a headband ans now i see breakage right where the head bands would sit. any tips?

I was just asking myself this question today. I took my braids out and it takes forever to shingle! I'm thinking I what might work is to co-wash at night rather than in the morning, slather my hair with something like aloe and shea butter (if I can find some) and try to do big cornrows going back. I just don't feel like doing shrunken wng's anymore...

Back