How do you Bun?

growingbrown

I have almost APL hair. How would I get a decent bun out of that? To be more exact, how do you bun your hair?

Thanks Ladies :)

I am wondering the same thing. I need directions with pictures or diagrams. I am a visual learner. LOL!!! :grin:

Some people are very precise. I just take my BSL hair, pull it back and tuck it under or into something--a ponytail holder, an octopus clip... I'm not fussy about my little bun/pony/turd, and it works just fine for me.

I'm about APL, and I got my bunning method from Caramelhonee's album, but I don't know if she's still a member, because that was way back when I first joined LHCF. I'll try to explain it...

I use a satin scrunchie to make a ponytail, moisturize my ends, then I comb all of the hair in the ponytail around the scrunchie, kind of like fanning it all the way around. Then I wrap it around the scrunchie, gathering all the hair as I go around, making sure the scrunchie is all covered up. I tuck the other ends under the scrunchie and secure with hair pins.

I'm really not sure if you understood that or not, but if you didn't, let me know, I'll try to do better. :lol:

navsegda said:
Below is the link to AFashionSlave's profile, which includes her fotki and password:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/member.php?u=596

She demonstrates how to do a bun donut and a double decker bun donut.

Also, the site below has a video that shows you how to make a classic bun if you don't wanna do one using a sock donut. It's very easy to follow.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/video/208/how_to_make_a_bun_in_your_hair.html

This really helped, navsegda ,thanks.

bun2-vi.jpg

This is how Ive always done my bun...I put it into a ponytail with a small scrunchie, then I start twisting the ponytail until it starts to coil around the base of the ponytail and I secure it with another scrunchie. Ive done my bun this way since my hair was shoulder length.

ditto to what everyone has said about Afashionslave's and DSD albums that is where I learned how to do my buns.

Babygurl said:
bun2-vi.jpg

This is how Ive always done my bun...I put it into a ponytail with a small scrunchie, then I start twisting the ponytail until it starts to coil around the base of the ponytail and I secure it with another scrunchie. Ive done my bun this way since my hair was shoulder length.

hey!!!!i was curious to know if the cotton on the scrunchie dries hair out too. i'd like to do my hair like that but i'm afriad that even the scrunchie would dry my hair out.

atlien11 said:
I second the others...I bun with a sock donut. It makes it look neat and full :grin:

I was thinking about using my own hair which it would not look full. Do you take it down everyday to moisturize?

Babygurl said:
bun2-vi.jpg

I love your bun. Does that bun show your current lengh of hair?

Back