How do you baggy?

How do you baggy your hair?

• Total voters

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I put Profectiv and castor oil on my hair and in the bag. I just wanted to see what everyone was doing. Please also list the products you use.

tiffers said:
I put Profectiv and castor oil on my hair and in the bag. I just wanted to see what everyone was doing. Please also list the products you use.

I wet my hair (if its not already) with S-Curl ND then i apply my oil (WG, EVOO, etc) to my ends. I've put some oil in the bag before, but I stopped. I think I'm gonna start back doing that.

I put conditioner/distilled water and EO mix directly on my hair and then baggy. I am using the same baggy so it is pretty saturated right now...

Hi all :wave:,

I just started baggying my hair and I use vo5 citrus smoothie conditioner sealed with vaseline. I might try using something different then vaseline (maybe). If I do it will be some type of oil and I will put some oil in my baggy before I apply the baggy to my hair.

I put the moisturizer on my hair only and then seal it with castor oil. I just started baggying though so I'm really in the trial period. If this method doesn't moisturize enough, then I will try putting moisturizer/oil on my hair and in the bag.

I don't use anything most often because I've found the bag creates its own moisture. But, I do apply S-Curl most days as my regular moisturizer, and if my ends are feeling rough, castor oil makes there super soft and supple. But, I've never tried putting moisture in the bag.

I mix MNT conditioner, aloe vera, castor and jojoba oils, and put that on my hair. I seal with wgo, castor oil, or vaseline on the ends. Nothing in the baggie.

The baggie method is to keep your ends moisturized, right ? Well, what do you do if the patch of hair on the back of your head stays dry from the root ? Does anyone else have this problem ? :confused:

stinastina said:
The baggie method is to keep your ends moisturized, right ? Well, what do you do if the patch of hair on the back of your head stays dry from the root ? Does anyone else have this problem ? :confused:

Hey Stinastina, there are a couple of options that may help.
1. Do a whole head baggie at night, by moisturizing, sealing, and sleeping with a processing or shower cap.

2. Moisturize more often during the day.

3. Hot oil, or pre-poo at every shampoo.

4. Spritz your hair during the day with a cond, oil, water combo.

Those are just a few things that may help, based on the info that you have given. You may want to start a thread that specifically addresses your problem, and give more info about your hair.

I put garnier fructis sleek n shine leave in conditioner from root to ends followed by coconut oil then using locks of luv baggie method roll the hair on a roller then put on baggie over the roller and my ends come out with a curl the next morning!!!

I voted:
I put the moisturizer/oil on my hair AND in the baggy

But I only put a little bit of each, like less then 2 drops of oil and 2 drops of moisturizer in the baggy, otherwise my hair will be wet or soggy.

I dampen my hair a littlebit with a spritz of water mixed w/Infusium 23. Then I apply my Elasta QP Mango Butter or EVOO to the hair only. I use the same baggie for about the next 3-4 days so the oils/mositurizer ends up on the baggie anyway.

I must admit that my hair has gotten sooooo much thicker by doing this method. :)

I spray my hair with scurl and leave in conditioner and seal with castor oil or coconut oil. I put a little oil and scurl in a plastic cap and wear it overnight.

I've never thought about putting stuff in the baggy.
But, I use the same one for about a week so I guess
it has residue from the products I use... interesting.
I baggy with everything from silicon mix, to suave, to mane n tail.
If I remember to use oil it's olive oil, wgo, rosemary, and peppermint.

Last edited:
I put garnier fructis sleek n shine leave in conditioner from root to ends followed by coconut oil then using locks of luv baggie method roll the hair on a roller then put on baggie over the roller and my ends come out with a curl the next morning!!!

ohh I might have to try that, I baggie my ends only with mango butter and evoo, I gather my hair in a pony tail with my hands, place a showercap under pony spray evoo on hair and in bag, then I wrap rest of cap around it and put a pony tail holder over the bag. that helps it stay in place and the holder doesnt break my hair. I put a scarf or bonnet on my whole head and chill all day or go to sleep.

baggying has been the best thing for me...i use
  • scurl and evoo
  • qp mango butter and coconut oil
i just put it on my hair and then baggy. sometimes i drip a little oil in the bag.

this method has helped me get to shoulder lenght in back..:yay:now on my way past it...

Moisturizers vary..S-Curl, ic Leave-in, EQYSS,ABBA, NEXXUS or straight water spritz then one or two of a variety of leave-ins and an oil= coconut, amla, Surge, QP H-2, whatever is handy then baggy under silk scarf. I go with what I'm feeling my hair needs for the night. I touch my hair for dryness, usually a water spritz gets my hair wet enough to help absorb the commercial moisturizers.

I baggy two different ways.
1. Overnight baggy- I put conditioner and oil or whatever leavein and put on a shower cap overnight with stocking cap over it.
2. phony pony baggie- I cowash in braids and smooth into a pony. Put conditioner and oil in a sandwich bag and wrap around the pony with a kneehi over it. I put a phony pony on top of that.

In my opinion, there's no need to put oil in the bag! JMO. This is how I baggy, mind you I have been baggying 24/7 since joining LHCF. Some of you might be tired of me saying that. LOL. Anywho, this is how I baggy.

1.) Wash and DC hair
2.) Apply leave in
3.) Smooth hair into a ponytail while it's wet
4.) Apply Palmers Coconut Oil to the entire length of my ponytail (I lay it on thick)
5.) Seal with Jamacian Black Castor OIL
6.) Baggie the entire length of ponytail
7.) Put my satin scarf on to allow the base of my head to dry, while the length of my ponytail is well moisturized in the baggie......

Viola, ends are moisturized for days at a time!!!!

P.S. I use processing caps to baggie my ponytail!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Unrefined Organic Shea Butter sealed with Vatika Oil on my hair only! Then I baggy with a shower cap and put a satin bonnet over that.

Apply nothing--there's usually nothing on my hair anyway since I don't use anything besides shampoo/conditioner during my wash. Don the a plastic cap and call it a night. If no cap availaible, Saran wrap or a plastic bag serve the purpose just as well. That's how I baggy when in braids or twists.

When wearing hair out, my hair usually already has S-Curl in it since I need that for slip while combing, so again, I don't do anything more but just put the cap on.

Wash and DC
Section hair into 6 or 8 parts
Apply Giovanni Direct Leave-In to each section (root to ends)
Apply ORS Carrot Oil to each section (root to ends)
Seal with ORS Natures Shine essential oils (hair and ends only)
Wrap each section in sandwich baggie
Tie down with silk scarf

I put mango butter on the ends the spary do-groo oil and sometimes I put a leave-in conditioner. The mango butter really locks in moisture especially when you rolled you pony in a setters.

oooh i havent done this in forev but im having flashbacks to the great results i got from baggying...i could stretch a WnG for almost the whole week doing this...but i moisturized and sealed my hair then put on the plastic cap and put a scarf or satin bonnet over it

I moisturize, oil, put hair in a pony tail and baggy the ends only, when I baggy. The hair is not wet, just moist. I need to do this more often.

I put a dime size amount of Skala Shea Butter leave-in throughout my hair along with a similar sized amount of Hollywood Beauty Castor Oil (pomade/grease), concentrating on my ends. I put my hair in a single ponytail and roll the ends. The baggy is placed over the ponytail only.

Gather hair into ponytail (after it's been washed and conditioned) and apply s-curl or Infusium 23 to the tail. Seal with Profectiv Healthy Ends or I'll use Vaseline during the colder months. Works well.

Back