HOW do you AVOID the HUMIDITY POOF!

sweetsuccess

i wish i had a photo w me to post.. but its on my camera at the house and i just wanna know what you guys put in your hair to keep the frizz and humidity from getting the best of ur FRESH PRESS... something between the hair being tooo fluffy.. and the hair being tooo oily.

whats a LIGHT WEIGHT heat protectant.. or mist that you would recommend?

i feel like ive spent so much money on products these past few days. i just need to get this hair right:kissing4:. yall know how it can be.

for protectant vo5 has a good one
for no frizz smooth and shine gel or their hair polish
besides that I'm clueless

Bumping for you. I am going back old school and using a pressing oil becaus my hair doesn not stay stay straight with serums and sprays......

This going to seem like a dumb idea but I typically only flatiron in the fall or winter when I know the humidity will be low. Also I take one step further by checking the weather in my area for the week using weather.com (I know this excessive but flatironing my hair takes a long time and I want it to last)

This going to seem like a dumb idea but I typically only flatiron in the fall or winter when I know the humidity will be low. Also I take one step further by checking the weather in my area for the week using weather.com (I know this excessive but flatironing my hair takes a long time and I want it to last)

Same here girl I take too long to do it and I only do it 3 times a year so I want it to last at least 3 days.

I have found that using a pressing cream lke softsheen satin creme press or thelma 1,it can leave the hair feeling greasy/weighed down depending on how much you use. I tried sabino moisture block i think it's lock and block now, and I have used silk elements serum they both did the job of keeping my press fresh! Last week I had my hair curled with mizani iron curl the curls lasted over a week and were bouning everytime I moved!! even with me hitting the gym 4 days but it wasn't really humid where I live. I like my hair to feel soft, moisturized light and fluffy:yep: not weighed down or greasy to the touch!! But what I have had the most success with is when I am on top of my DC and do it everytime I wash this helps put moisture into the hair so that you're not trying to add moisture with loads of products. Look at the pics in my fotki for results of dc'ing regularly, flat ironing and doing pin curls with sunflower carrot oil.There are also some pics of my hair with thelma 1 . HTH

Back