How do you ask someone back that YOU broke up with?

natural_one

Ok..I was dating this guy and we got into while we were out and I told him that I didnt want to be with him anymore. Now I am regretting my decision because I really care for him, and what happened was something that we could have worked through. So how do I tell him that I still want to be with him? :perplexed

"Would you take me back?" Check Yes or No:lachen:

Okay, lets be serious. If you want this person back, you have to be sincere and geniune. You also have to prepare yourself in the event they tell you no. I think in these certain situations, we have to strip ourselves completely. That "pride" needs to go out the window. I am not saying beg, no no no. :rolleyes:

Just be sincere, and let you heart speak...tell that brain to shut up for once:ohwell:

He just walked past me and I literally froze. I tried to say "I want to talk to you" and absolutely nothing came out...:nono:

Well, time to spring into action.

Don't corner him, but try to catch him in an area when no one else is around. People hate being put on front street. Also have you tried calling him or emailing. Be confident, if you were wrong...fess up. If there is a particular problem that made you scared, address it and offer some solutions to solve it. Tell him that you miss him or all the things you miss about him.

Good luck

P.S. Be honest!!! (with yourself too and make sure this is something you really want to do, its no fun having your emotions played with. if you think, truly think that this can work, then go for it.)

"Would you take me back?" Check Yes or No:lachen:

Okay, lets be serious. If you want this person back, you have to be sincere and geniune. You also have to prepare yourself in the event they tell you no. I think in these certain situations, we have to strip ourselves completely. That "pride" needs to go out the window. I am not saying beg, no no no. :rolleyes:

Just be sincere, and let you heart speak...tell that brain to shut up for once:ohwell:

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Well, time to spring into action.

Don't corner him, but try to catch him in an area when no one else is around. People hate being put on front street. Also have you tried calling him or emailing. Be confident, if you were wrong...fess up. If there is a particular problem that made you scared, address it and offer some solutions to solve it. Tell him that you miss him or all the things you miss about him.

Good luck

P.S. Be honest!!! (with yourself too and make sure this is something you really want to do, its no fun having your emotions played with. if you think, truly think that this can work, then go for it.)

I tried calling him last night, no answer :( I thought about emailing him but it seemed unnecessary since we work together..
I know this is something that I want, only because he is the first guy that I ever regretted breaking up with. With everyone else I had a good reason, and never looked back. I am hoping he walks by again while I have the courage to say something..

Well I did it and got shot down :hardslap:
I am totally in shock right now. I just want to crawl under something and die :ill:

you could always beg

thats the very last resort lol

then make sure uact coquettish to counter-act the begging

Well I did it and got shot down :hardslap:
I am totally in shock right now. I just want to crawl under something and die :ill:

Give him some time. He might just have a bruised ego right now. Be nice and sweet and don't dwell on him too much (not noticeably anyway) at work. If he really ever loved you, he'll be back.

Sorry he shot you down...

I would have advised you not to attempt to reconcile.

I remember one of my first boyfriends broke up with me and came crawling back.

I took him back and then shot him down.

I went through a similar situation with my boyfriend. I broke it off, and asked for him back shortly after. He said he needed time to think about it, and after a month or so I got tired of waiting and stepped out of his life.

Long story short... it turns out he really did still have feelings for me/wanted to work things out, it's been about four months now (we've been back together for the past 1.5) and things are going great.

Soyeah... unless you know his no is permanent don't give up hope just yet.

Ok so I poured my little heart out and all he said was "I'm Cool" then dead silence...I was like "hello, u still there?" He was like "yeah, but i am heading to the gym now, talk to you later." WTF????:perplexed

I cant see my self begging for anyone, but I will just sit back and let him chill for a min. If I dont see any progress in the next week, I am going to accept that it is over and move on....Pray for me, ya'll.:sad:

Ok so I poured my little heart out and all he said was "I'm Cool" then dead silence...I was like "hello, u still there?" He was like "yeah, but i am heading to the gym now, talk to you later." WTF????:perplexed

I cant see my self begging for anyone, but I will just sit back and let him chill for a min. If I dont see any progress in the next week, I am going to accept that it is over and move on....Pray for me, ya'll.:sad:

Leave it alone. He has moved on in his mind, and any more trying you risk making yourself look foolish. If he wanted to, he'd be back in your arms. Don't think about it anymore (yeah, easier said than done) and get on with your life. He may or may not try to come back.

Give him some time. He might just have a bruised ego right now. Be nice and sweet and don't dwell on him too much (not noticeably anyway) at work. If he really ever loved you, he'll be back.[/quote]

So true! This guy and I have been off/on since 2000. Were in a relationship until 2005. I admit, I was doing wrong since 2003... (cheating, pregnant by another man, etc..) I mean just really UGLY, he stuck by me through that really nasty time and we were still togheter. When I was in college I decided that I wanted to do me so I called him one night and explained this fabricated lie and we broke it officially in 2005 although we still saw each other....

Recently, he just had a newborn daughter from a brief fling when he was upset about me... but we have decided we have gone through the fire, been through too much and going to work through this and make it work this time. Love changes in its form, it grows and doesnt stay the same.

Back