How do ya'll deep condition without buildup??

myronnie

So I just washed and deep conditioned my hair with Proclaim Aloe&Shea mixed with castor, coconut, avocado butter, camellia seed oil, and mango butter (I only usea smidge of each butter/oil)..however, when i airdryed my hair it was SO THIN AND LANKY and GREASAYY..i was like what the junk. I had let the mix set on my hair for about 3 hours and then rinsed it out.
I hear a lot of you guys deep conditioning your hair multiple times a week and you guys never report back greasy hair :perplexed What am i doing wrong? I only deep con once a week also.
I had to wash and acv rinse my hair(no conditioner) and i'm airdrying it naked right now to see if the thin/lankiness was from product buildup.

IMO it is the conditioner. I have used it a couple times and it leaves my hair greasy and waxy feeling. I thought it was the mineral oil. I don't understand it, because I use nacidit conditioners with no buildup or greasy feeling. Must be something in the formulation.

ETA I also chelate weekly or biweekly at the most. But I really hate the conditioner. I think everything except the camellia oil in the mixture would make it worse.

Last edited:
After I DC or just condition my hair I always poo afterwards. I only lather about twice and that it. I learned this from the dominicans. At first I never understood why but now I know, to prevent build up and flakes that may come about from dried up conditioner on the scalp.

Hmm, it was probably the additional oils that you used which caused this. I DC with Aubrey Organics conditioners that I sometimes "seal" with coconut oil for about an hour, and I've never had a buildup issue so far. My hair comes out very moist and soft and does not feel coated.

How does your hair feel when you only use the Proclaim?

Hmm, it was probably the additional oils that you used which caused this. I DC with Aubrey Organics conditioners that I sometimes "seal" with coconut oil for about an hour, and I've never had a buildup issue so far. My hair comes out very moist and soft and does not feel coated.

How does your hair feel when you only use the Proclaim?

I don't remember actually :spinning: It's been so long since I've used only the Proclaim without added oils/butters. I think that it is maybe the oils and stuff that I'm adding. Maybe i should add just a teaspoon of one oil instead of like a teaspoon of butters and two tablespoons of oils..
I've always had this darn problem though but i've always mixed mydc's with oils

Back