How do we feel about Aubrey's newly formulated conditioners?

vtoodler

As you all have probably heard, Aubrey has reformulated many--if not all--of its conditioners.

Who here has used a new formulated version on several occasions? If so, what did you think?
How does it compare to the original version? And what differences, if any, did you notice in your hair?

I havent tried it but I'm very unhappy with the formulation based on the ingredient list. Fragrance is too high on the list. I read on another thread that the company said the fragrance is an essential oil blend but if that was the case I know they would have listed it. Im going to use Giovanni Deeper Moisture & just mix in oils to deep condition in the meantime. Im on the lookout for a new organic deep conditioner without a ton of chemicals.

I've used the hsr........It works fine for me.....its just a little thinner though which makes me feel like I have to use more

I ordered a bunch of their old formula off the website and they included small sample bottles to try their new formula. I have to say that I used their new White Camelia conditioner and my hair didn't love it as much as the old formula. It wasn't horrible but just wasn't as good. I may try it again this week and see if last week was a fluke.

I'm really hoping so because WC is the only conditioner I've tried that leaves my hair super moisturized.

UGH! Why would they do this? I'm so disappointed. I just checked out the new ingredients on the website, and they moved fragrance too high! That means all of the goodies have a lower % than fragrance. I loved the Island Naturals Conditioner, and I loved being able to find a conditioner I like locally.

I knew something was up when Whole Foods and other stores were selling AO products at 50% + off on the clearance shelves. I will try it but I'm not happy with the changes.

Wow, now this is a company that surely needs to live by the "If it ain't broke, don't fix it mantra." I haven't used their products in a while, but when I did, I thought VERY highly of their formulations.

I have to go home and check to see if I have a new formula bottle. Because I just purchased some more and I've used it twice and my hair didn't like it at all. Which I thought was strange since this is one of my staples.

I have to go home and check to see if I have a new formula bottle. Because I just purchased some more and I've used it twice and my hair didn't like it at all. Which I thought was strange since this is one of my staples.

KammyGirl The new formulation has completely new packaging. You'd definitely know if you had the new formula :yep:

HSR is fine i haven't suffered any adverse effects. They didn't swap the product with inferior ingredients... in fact argan oil & macadamia nut oil are more expensive than wheat germ oil. We shall see about the others.

I tried the HSR (Honeysuckle Rose) today for the first time. Here is my first impression. Disclaimer: I don't have any experience with the old formula to compare it to.
For wash day today I wash with a Bobeam shampoo bar and conditioned and detangled with suave naturals tropical coconut and Aussie moist on the left side of my hair and conditioned and detangled with HSR on the right side of my hair.

The slip and thickness reminded me exactly like the suave tropical coconut. It has slip and I could detangle but it took me a little longer and little more product than when I use the Aussie and suave.

The formula is white with a pearlescent shimmer to it, and it is thinner than Aussie moist. The smell is nice, not too strong and I liked it a lot. It was sort of floral with a hint of mint in my opinion.

Now the biggest difference I noticed is when I rinsed out both sides: the moisture and softness and frizz control was amazing on the side with the HSR. Both sides felt soft but the right side of my hair (HSR) was noticeably softer and felt super moisturized.

I bought the old formula during the last sale and received the new formula in the 2 oz bottle. I would definitely repurchase the HSR, and can't wait to try the original formula!

Has anyone listed the new HSR ingredients?

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

INGREDIENTS: Aqua, cetyl alcohol (from coconut), alcohol denat. (38b, lavender), butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter*, fragrance‡‡, aloe barbadensis leaf juice*, glycerin, rosa rubiginosa (Rosa Mosqueta®) seed oil*, macadamia ternifolia seed oil*, prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil*, argania spinosa (argan) nut oil*, citrus grandis (grapefruit) extract, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), tocopherol (vitamin E), calendula officinalis extract*, chamomilla recutita (chamomile) flower extract*, melissa officinalis (balm mint) flower/leaf/stem extract, chrysanthemum sinense flower extract, humulus lupulus (hops) flower extract, magnolia biondii bud/flower extract, lonicera japonica (honeysuckle) flower extract, angelica archangelica root extract, foeniculum vulgare (fennel) seed extract.
* Organic
‡‡ Natural isolate blend sourced from essential oils

AO Gpb is still excellent. It detangled my hair nicely, as always. It works exactly the same, still has quality ingredients and its the only conditioner my hair loves. Btw, fragrance/alcohol stuff was always high on the ingredient-- in fact, I think its in the same spot.

I decided to drop Aubrey's conditioners once my local Whole Foods decided not to carry them anymore due to the change in the formula. Whole Foods stance is that they now have too much junk in them.

You would think that Whole Foods is a big account for Aubrey's. To lose Whole Foods should/would hurt the bottom line, even if the new formula is cheaper for them.

I decided to drop Aubrey's conditioners once my local Whole Foods decided not to carry them anymore due to the change in the formula. Whole Foods stance is that they now have too much junk in them.

You would think that Whole Foods is a big account for Aubrey's. To lose Whole Foods should/would hurt the bottom line, even if the new formula is cheaper for them.

I wonder if the change would be just in your region or nationwide.

Who said that to you about Whole Foods? My Whole Foods also stopped carrying Aubrey's, but that is not the reason they gave.

Who said that to you about Whole Foods? My Whole Foods also stopped carrying Aubrey's, but that is not the reason they gave.

My Whole Foods only carries AO swimmers shampoo and conditioner. They said they are carrying less because other companies bought more shelf space.

The last time I was up at Whole Foods I asked where was all the Aubrey's stuff . . . that was the response that I was given . . . that they dropped Aubrey's and then they proceeded to show me some other lines that they were carrying.

My Whole Foods only carries AO swimmers shampoo and conditioner. They said they are carrying less because other companies bought more shelf space.

Hmmmm, maybe the worker at my Whole Foods spoke out of turn . . . dunno. I just preceded to purchase the KnotToday and some over priced Rhassoul Mud Wash (which was awesome btw)

I used the reformulated AO WC as a moisturizer as I would normally do with the original and it worked just fine.

Hmmmm, maybe the worker at my Whole Foods spoke out of turn . . . dunno. I just preceded to purchase the KnotToday and some over priced Rhassoul Mud Wash (which was awesome btw)

What's the brand if the mud wash? I never used one and have always wanted too.

The directions on the back of the new formula HSR have left off the application to "dry hair" bit if you want to deep condition, which I thought was interesting. Wonder why that's left off? I still intend on adding to dry hair.

Back