How do u keep your weak spots healthy?

Innocent_Kiss

The crown of my head, my hairline, behind my ears, and the nap of my neck always break! My hairline and nap of my neck looks horrible because my hair is broken off (from micro braids I had MONTHS ago) and the tiny length of hair just makes tiny coils on my hairline (aka bee dee bees
laugh.gif
). Plus the breakage makes it hard to relax the new growth because the new growth is always the only hair there which is always a speck long. So my scalp is usually burnt crispy. I try to put as less tension on them as possible. What do you do to keep your weak spots strong and healthy?

Mine were broken off too, but they've finally been going in. I've been wearing braids and doing the crown and glory method, I keep them very moisturised. When I'm not in braids, I do a loose puff. I would say, don't use any heat on that area and keep it moisturised. If you know how to cornrow, maybe you could do a couple cornrows along your hairline for a while to keep it protected as it grows in. HTH

My nape was my weak spot and I keep it extra moisturized and always braided, even when I'm wearing a braidout. Also, I skipped this area when I relaxed recently. I'm going to let it recuperate for a while.

First I want to say that I am not anti-relaxer, because some hair continues to thrive with one. From what I am reading your hair is not thriving with a relaxer. I would suggest a full weave or braids (not micros because that will further stress your hair) and carefully transition the relaxer out. I had the same problem, the whole back of my head was a weak spot because relaxing just chewed the back of my hair off. Now I press and my hair seems to not have issues with that.

[ QUOTE ]
Isis said:
My nape was my weak spot and I keep it extra moisturized and always braided, even when I'm wearing a braidout. Also, I skipped this area when I relaxed recently. I'm going to let it recuperate for a while.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am doing the same thing. I sort of transitioned my nape area. It is doing really well know. I use s-curl and oil in that area.

[ QUOTE ]
dontspeakdefeat said:
[ QUOTE ]
Isis said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I am doing the same thing. I sort of transitioned my nape area. It is doing really well know. I use s-curl and oil in that area.

[/ QUOTE ]
Transitioning the nape area, hmmm...
scratchchin.gif
I like the sound of that.
smile.gif
I'll probably continue to transition my nape for quite a while. I'm not wearing straight styles anyway so it will be easy to do.

[ QUOTE ]
Isis said:
[ QUOTE ]
dontspeakdefeat said:
[ QUOTE ]
Isis said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Transitioning the nape area, hmmm...
scratchchin.gif
I like the sound of that.
smile.gif
I'll probably continue to transition my nape for quite a while. I'm not wearing straight styles anyway so it will be easy to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I decided to do this about a month ago. I have enough hair to cover that area and if I need it straight I can just press it.

when I feel like it is strong enough to relaxer I will do that but I will have to treat this area with kid glove to keep it from breaking. Right now it is about 2 inches and growing strong.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
dontspeakdefeat said:
[ QUOTE ]
Isis said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, that does sound interesting
smile.gif

and you're right henrilou. But for me, transitioning is not something I'd just do
ohwell.gif
I'mma have to ponder on it, but I'm defintely considering it. I've only been in the knowledge of hair care for a couple of months so I really haven't had the opportunity to 'trial and error' like most members here. Thanks for the recommendation
wink.gif

My nape area is pretty weak too, I think it's because I used to neglect it. Now I moisturize it and make sure it gets its fair share of leave-in, I also stopped wrapping as often and as of two weeks ago I stopped using my brush!

[ QUOTE ]
Isis said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree not relaxing the nape helps A LOT in growing it back. And keeping it constantly moisturized. I havent relaxed my nape in 5 months and I've got a lot of growth. when I need for it to be straightened, my mom passes a warm comb thru it and it will stay straight until my next wash.

I resorted to not relaxing my hair line and nape area for now until I get significant growth. I keep it moisturized and flat iron it when I want a smoother look to it.

Back