How Do I Use These Conditioners Together?

Daisimae

Hi All!

These are the three conditioners I'm talking about:

1. Aphogee 2-Minute Reconstructor
2. Nexxus Humectress
3. ORS Replenshing Pak

Right now I wash once a week, with Nexxus Therappe, after a pre-poo with Suave tropical condish and Hot Six Oil. Next time I wash I will be doing the hard Aphogee with the balancing conditioner after it. My hair is fully relaxed and treated with permanent color, so I plan to do this every six weeks.

I DC'd this week with an ORS Pak, after I conditioned with Humectress. But, I also have the Aphogee 2-Minute Reconstructor for protein. Can I use these three products together on wash day? If I can, what is the best order to use them in? If I start washing twice a week do I have to change the order I use the products in?

Thanks!

ORS and Humectress are both moisturizing conditioners, so you don't really need to use them both at the same time. Seems kind of a waste to use the 2 one right after another. When I use the 2-minute Aphogee, since it doesn't give any slip my hair is stiff and kinda tangled (the only time I get tangles) so I DC afterwards with a ORSRP and while it's still in, I comb out the tangles then put on my heat cap.

The RP gives crazy slip so I don't lose much hair at all and when I finally rinse it out, my hair is uber soft but still very strong. HTH

Thanks!

So, I should save the Humectress for a time when I am not DC'ing. I wasn't sure what the RP was repenshishing, mositure or protein.

I can use the Aphogee reconstructor after the shampoo and then DC wth the RP. I use the Pro-Vitamin Aphogee liqiud as a leave-in and heat protectant. (I still blow-dry on medium setting.)

I use all those. This is what I do:

1. Shampoo w/ Kenra
2. Aphogee 2 min reconstructor
3. Humectress right after to bring back balance. Only leave it on for abt three or four minutes while I finish showering
4. DC with ORS pack w/ heating cap

I don't think it's a waste to use the ORS and Humectress together. They are serving different purposes.

Thanks ladies! I"ll try all the ways and see what works best.

I'd like to find the ORS in a bottle locally (MA). I had a BSS owner try to convince me it was less expensive to buy it in a packet today. I did the math for him. LOL

Daisimae said:
Hi All!

These are the three conditioners I'm talking about:

1. Aphogee 2-Minute Reconstructor
2. Nexxus Humectress
3. ORS Replenshing Pak

Right now I wash once a week, with Nexxus Therappe, after a pre-poo with Suave tropical condish and Hot Six Oil. Next time I wash I will be doing the hard Aphogee with the balancing conditioner after it. My hair is fully relaxed and treated with permanent color, so I plan to do this every six weeks.

I DC'd this week with an ORS Pak, after I conditioned with Humectress. But, I also have the Aphogee 2-Minute Reconstructor for protein. Can I use these three products together on wash day? If I can, what is the best order to use them in? If I start washing twice a week do I have to change the order I use the products in?

Thanks!

I think that using ORS pack and Aphogee 2 min. in the same wash is too much protein. Of course our hair might have different needs, but I would separate that combo into: 1. therappe poo, aphogee, humectress 2. therappe poo, ors. and 3. therappe poo, humectress.

ORS Pack = moisture + mild protein
Aphogee 2min= mild/moderate protein
Humectress= moisture

In order to determine when to use each combo you should refer to http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=84746

ETA: I see you are planning to use the Aphogee Moisture Balance after doing the hard Aphogee treatment. I would recommend that you use your absolute best moisturizing con as well.

Last edited:
Kacie said:
ETA: I see you are planning to use the Aphogee Moisture Balance after doing the hard Aphogee treatment. I would recommend that you use your absolute best moisturizing con as well.

Thanks!

So, 1. Aphogee Hard, 2. Aphogee Moisturizing con 3. Humectress . Right?

Would I get more moisture if I just baggied after the second Aphogee instead of using the wash out Humectress?

To baggy I use a spray of 1 part Humectress and 9 parts water and then seal with Hot 6 Oil. I keep the processing cap on six hours.

Back