how do i stragten my hair with out my flat irons

blkbunni

well im guessin most my breakage come from heat cuz i flat iron my hair every two weeks if i wear it out i do use heat protectents but i would just like to know it there is another way to straighten my hair without heat

Rollersets followed by wrap are the best way to get your hair straight without flat ironing. You said that you're experiencing breakage. What do you do with you hair normally? Products and all. Maybe we can help address the breakage.

You may not be comfortable doing this, since it's a bit "different" for want of a better word, but African threading can get your hair straight, but you would have to wear the style for a while for it to straighten your hair.

r

images

You would have to wrap even the ends of your hair too to get them straight. This can be achieved if you wrap some pieces of the thread longer than your own hair along with your hair so that you can pass your hair and continue wrapping.

And no, you don't have to walk around looking spiky :lol: You can bend the "spikes" into shapes you prefer.

threadhair.jpg

51ZBWKCSMAL._SS400_.jpg

I can't find an image of a flat-twist-like style that I used to wear them in. I never saw anyone in Kenya wear them sticking up or raised very high from the scalp so you don't have to be afraid of taking someone's eye out. You can be creative with them.

ETA: I found an image that sorta shows you a small section of another way I wore my hair threaded. See the herringbone pattern just before the "tubes" hand down? I used to get a similar pattern done from four rows of singles to create a two "French braids" from skinny threaded sections that had that herringbone pattern:
42-1968-sosome-rave-2465076_0x440.jpg

Last edited:
Back