How do I Maintain my Straight Style Without Heat??

Starronda

At the start of BSL! Patiently waiting for full❤️
Good Morning Ladies
In one of my previous post, I mentioned that I’ll be wearing my hair straight for awhile since I just got my relaxer, then I’ll start bunning till my next relaxer. What should I do at night when tying my hair up besides wrapping it? I always wake up with not so straight hair and I have to brush it straight and I don’t want to keep doing that everyday. Any suggestions? :perplexed

I didn’t realize that. So if I do pincurls at night, my hair will be straight in the morning?

If you are trying to keep your hair STICK straight, I would say no.

But, it can look the way my hair does in my avatar (that's how I maintained it), and the body/volume will fall as time progresses. The looser the pin curls, the straighter.

When I want to keep my hair relatively straight, I just do a veeeeeeeery large loop flat against my head.

You could also cross wrap (I don't brush when I take my cross wraps down, though I don't cross wrap often anymore), though it may not alleviate the need to brush for you.

I hope you figure out a solution. Maybe it will take trial and error.

Miamori
Love your hair in your avatar. I’m going to try the pincurls tonight or the big loop. I’m sure one of those methods will work out very well for me.

Miamori
Love your hair in your avatar. I’m going to try the pincurls tonight or the big loop. I’m sure one of those methods will work out very well for me.

Thanks. Now that I think of it, all the styles in my siggy, except the twist, were done with pin curls too, and I didn't brush for thos eeither. (I don't really brush often.)

I started pincurling beyond trying to just achieve the standard feathered look they are used for in my hometown around last fall I think, so I've had a lot of practice now.

With practice, you can learn to get a lot of different looks just by arranging the pin curls in different directions, thicknesses, tightness, and sections.

It is really useful, and it can be fun.

i agree with cross-wrapping. i wear my hair straight most of the time, and always cross-wrap at night. in the morning, i just run my fingers down the middle to blend the separation that was created when doing the cross-wrap.

When I don't feel like wrapping, I put my hair in a high ponytail then loosely wrap the hair around the pony....in other words flat bun and I get slight waves at the end of hair; I like it; gives my hair body and bounce...other than that, you are gonna get a curl.

Thanks. Now that I think of it, all the styles in my siggy, except the twist, were done with pin curls too, and I didn't brush for thos eeither. (I don't really brush often.)

I started pincurling beyond trying to just achieve the standard feathered look they are used for in my hometown around last fall I think, so I've had a lot of practice now.

With practice, you can learn to get a lot of different looks just by arranging the pin curls in different directions, thicknesses, tightness, and sections.

It is really useful, and it can be fun.

Nice! I will definitely try different pincurls. If my hair could look even half as good as yours, then I’ll be happy:yep:. Very Helpful

i agree with cross-wrapping. i wear my hair straight most of the time, and always cross-wrap at night. in the morning, i just run my fingers down the middle to blend the separation that was created when doing the cross-wrap.

Logging on to Youtube to figure out how to cross-wrap:computer:

I use pin curls to maintain my salon style. I don't use a lot of product. My hair has enough product from the stylist.

Back