How do I keep a wig from flying off?

I've been enjoying the wonderful world of instant weaves for a while now. They hold up in the wind really well due to the combs. I don't even need to put the back comb in. They've been "field tested" b/c the first time I wore it, it was a windy day, and no flyaway! Well, I found an old, but very attractive wig that I bought years ago but was too self concious to wear at the time. I've never worn it out. It looks really nice, but being a full wig, there are no combs.:eek: . So, how would I keep this one from flying off, if I were to wear it?

I would use a few hair pins..... I use hair pins with my instant weave, although it comes with the comb at the top of bottom. It just makes me feel more secure, overall. So definitely with a full wig, I would use several hair pins throughout.

I dont know if Im using the proper term, but by hair pins I am referring to those black (or silver) pins that resemble bobby pins.... but they have a gap/space between them, are rounded at one side (u-shaped), and don't have the round ball at the ends. The straight end allows you to pierce through the wig/hair fall.

Hope that helps. :) I definitely would figure something out before stepping out into the wind sans anything. *YIKES*:lachen:

You should be able to buy actual wig pins from the BSS. I never pin my wigs down though, they all have combs in them. You could probably sew a comb on the inside too. I've also never had a wig fly off but my friend did. And she didn't have a wig cap on or anything. She had a Bebe cap on top of the wig. they both flew off and she was running down the street chasing the wig while it rolled all through the grass with her hair sticking straight up. It definitely was a sight. I tried so hard not to laugh but it was funny. Maybe I should rethink pinning my wigs... :lol:

Last edited:
Back