How do i help my sister knida long

coco8257

OK so i have a problem my sisters hair is horrible. I really want to tell help her but i don't think she'll listen. She went natural about a year maybe two ago and I went natural around the beginning of this year.My hair is longer than hers. My hair is almost cbl stretched hers is not even lower neck length. She just got her hair pressed and you can clearly see the damage split ends, knots her hair is so chewed up it's like up side down u's in her hair with big gaps.

and she likes bangs so every day she flat irons that one part I'm pretty sure it is totally heat trained now and she blow dries the rest into a poofy fro so that probably heat trained to. deep conditions semi regularly just started using heat protectant i bought some thinking i was going to straighten mine but didn't. and barely moisturizes/ uses leave in i also bought these for my hair but didn't like them so she uses them .combs/detangle on dry hair so it's all in the sink/table. and she dyed some of her hair blond i think it's bleached so it's perminate all of the color is almost gone broken off.

She just got her hair pressed again and when i was in the bathroom braiding my hair i saw some long broken straight pieces i ran a few under the water and they did not revert.

I am kind of obsessed with hair and since joining lhcf and watching you tube videos i have a lot less breakage, i live in protective styles, and my hair is moisturized. Everyday im doing something for my hair and i know she sees it. Once i blow dried my hair to get a weave and she was staring at it cause it was bigger than hers.

What do i do? i've already stolen the curling iron and flatiron from the bathroom and put them in my closet.

You did the right thing by hiding her heat tools. Maybe you could set her on a simple natural hair regimen? or show her some protective styles she can wear instead of blowing it out every day??

Sadly if you think she's not gonna listen to you and take your advice, the answer is nothing. Just lead by example and hopefully sooner not later she'll come around.

OK so i have a problem my sisters hair is horrible. I really want to tell help her but i don't think she'll listen. She went natural about a year maybe two ago and I went natural around the beginning of this year.My hair is longer than hers. My hair is almost cbl stretched hers is not even lower neck length. She just got her hair pressed and you can clearly see the damage split ends, knots her hair is so chewed up it's like up side down u's in her hair with big gaps.

and she likes bangs so every day she flat irons that one part I'm pretty sure it is totally heat trained now and she blow dries the rest into a poofy fro so that probably heat trained to. deep conditions semi regularly just started using heat protectant i bought some thinking i was going to straighten mine but didn't. and barely moisturizes/ uses leave in i also bought these for my hair but didn't like them so she uses them .combs/detangle on dry hair so it's all in the sink/table. and she dyed some of her hair blond i think it's bleached so it's perminate all of the color is almost gone broken off.

She just got her hair pressed again and when i was in the bathroom braiding my hair i saw some long broken straight pieces i ran a few under the water and they did not revert.

I am kind of obsessed with hair and since joining lhcf and watching you tube videos i have a lot less breakage, i live in protective styles, and my hair is moisturized. Everyday im doing something for my hair and i know she sees it. Once i blow dried my hair to get a weave and she was staring at it cause it was bigger than hers.

What do i do? i've already stolen the curling iron and flatiron from the bathroom and put them in my closet.

unless she has asked you for hair advice i would mind your own business:look:

its not your place to give her unsolicited advice just because you have now become hair obsessed

as she is your sister im sure you mean well ...however if she hasnt asked you and you also dont think she will listen...........personally i would keep it moving and be there for her when she comes to you

i have put on weight recently and if a friend/relative started bringing up my weight and preaching to me about weightloss because they joined a weightloss forum my back would go up .........my point ill lose weight in my own time......we all came to our hair journeys when we were ready if your sister is not ready let her be

hope my post didnt offend

I agree, if she hasn't asked asked it's not your business. It's not like her life or health is in jeopardy.

^^. Yup. pretty much. You have to lead by example and keep taking good care of your own hair. I know it's painful to watch but there's nothing you can do to make her change. At some point she'll get a clue but it has to be when she ready.

Back