How do I grow slow growing areas?

berry87

:ohwell: OF my head. The nape grows sooooo slow in for weeks i'll get and 1/2- 1 inch of new growth(depending on the consistency of my vitamins) everwhere else, and i'll only get 1/4 inch or so in the back/nape area. I've tried peppermint oil, scalp massages and its the same. When i was natural (and in braids i didnt really have this problem).:confused: I also stetch my relaxer from the usual 8 weeks to 10-12 weeks! What else can i do??? Should i try longer stretches?? BTW That area is the thinnest:eek: :ohwell:
My 1yr anniversary is in 3 months (although the time below says otherwise) and i really wanna be at shoulder length!!! Waht do i doooo?

Last edited:
thanks ladies for the replies!

I think i'll stretch a lil longer than 10-12 weeks and i'll ask my stylist to relax the crown area then the nape:)

berry87 said:
thanks ladies for the replies!

I think i'll stretch a lil longer than 10-12 weeks and i'll ask my stylist to relax the crown area then the nape:)

this is what my old stylist use to do. I hope it works for you!

i relax the nape last. most of my hair is at the top, so I start there first.

also, between relaxers, you might want to look into using follicle boosting products. I use Nexxus Biotin creme, which has been a blessing to my temples. But many people rave about Nioxin follicle booster.

Back