How do I get right with God?

ellebelle88

I want to get right, but I'm not even sure the first move to make. I think some people would say to go to church every Sunday. I attend my church back at home but I'm not sure about other churches...I don't really trust preachers :/. Then, I went to this one "church" and it had to be a front. People were jumping on the chairs, there was a little boy who was one of the pastors, and all the preacher did was prophecize (<--made up word, I know) about material wealth coming to the members of his church. :nono:

My life is in shambles and I've been trying to get it straightened out for the longest but I KEEP messing up. I never know just what to do. I feel like I'm not worthy. For any one who is truly devoted to God, what do I need to do to become a better Christian?

Stop!

Drop!

Pray!

Repent!

icon7.gif
(((HUGS!)))

Seriously, talk to the Lord like you would talk to your best friend and tell Him EXACTLY what's on your heart. He's been waiting on you because HE LOVES YOU! THE LORD LOVES YOU!

THE LORD LOVES YOU!
THE LORD LOVES YOU!
THE LORD LOVES YOU! THE LORD LOVES YOU! THE LORD LOVES YOU! THE LORD LOVES YOU! THE LORD LOVES YOU! THE LORD LOVES YOU! THE LORD LOVES YOU! THE LORD LOVES YOU! THE LORD LOVES YOU! THE LORD LOVES YOU! THE LORD LOVES YOU! THE LORD LOVES YOU! THE LORD LOVES YOU! THE LORD LOVES YOU! THE LORD LOVES YOU! THE LORD LOVES YOU! THE LORD LOVES YOU! THE LORD LOVES YOU! THE LORD LOVES YOU! THE LORD LOVES YOU! THE LORD LOVES YOU! THE LORD LOVES YOU!

Repeating until you believe that and nothing can separate you from the love of God (Romans 8:39).

Ask the Lord to lead you to the RIGHT CHURCH FOR YOU and He will do that. But more importantly, be honest with the Lord about how you feel about Him, about yourself, about this life, about the past, present, and future. He CAN handle your stuff!!!
icon7.gif

The Lord can and will lead you to the right church with a TRUSTWORTHY pastor but ultimately, your trust has to be in the LORD JESUS CHRIST.

I want to get right, but I'm not even sure the first move to make. I think some people would say to go to church every Sunday. I attend my church back at home but I'm not sure about other churches...I don't really trust preachers :/. Then, I went to this one "church" and it had to be a front. People were jumping on the chairs, there was a little boy who was one of the pastors, and all the preacher did was prophecize (<--made up word, I know) about material wealth coming to the members of his church. :nono:

My life is in shambles and I've been trying to get it straightened out for the longest but I KEEP messing up. I never know just what to do. I feel like I'm not worthy. For any one who is truly devoted to God, what do I need to do to become a better Christian?

I will speak on the bolded, First, you are already right with GOD, Jesus paid the price for your sins so he "made things right" so to speak, all you have to do is believe that Jesus paid the price for your sins, repent for them yourself, and believe that Jesus is in fact the son of god.

2nd, I understand your distrust of preachers because there are so many false prophets out there, but you should probably start visiting churches, and start praying for god to send you "your pastor", and to put you in a place where you will be able to serve him best.

3rd, It is a lie of Satan to make you feel as if you are not worthy, one of his biggest manipulations is to make christians "feel" as if they are not worthy of gods love or love from anyone else. He is a master manipulater especially where feelings are concerned. One thing that I have learned and my pastor has taught me is that you can't know god through your feelings, because feelings are always changing, up and down, one day you may feel this way about god, one day you "feel" as if he is far away but god is the same, always and forever, unchanging if you will. You are worthy never forget that no matter what you are going through.
Hope that helps :)

Foxy is right! God's love is unconditional, but for most of us that is a hard concept to truly believe. The word of God will 'renew your mind' and change your thinking. Commit to reading the bible daily (I would start with the New Testament). As you read (and re-read) the scriptures, the power of God's word WILL change how you feel.

God bless you!!!!!!!!!!!

:hug2: it will get better OP...

Stop!

Drop!

Pray!

Repent!

icon7.gif
(((HUGS!)))

Seriously, talk to the Lord like you would talk to your best friend and tell Him EXACTLY what's on your heart. He's been waiting on you because HE LOVES YOU! THE LORD LOVES YOU!

THE LORD LOVES YOU!
THE LORD LOVES YOU!
THE LORD LOVES YOU! THE LORD LOVES YOU! THE LORD LOVES YOU! THE LORD LOVES YOU! THE LORD LOVES YOU! THE LORD LOVES YOU! THE LORD LOVES YOU! THE LORD LOVES YOU! THE LORD LOVES YOU! THE LORD LOVES YOU! THE LORD LOVES YOU! THE LORD LOVES YOU! THE LORD LOVES YOU! THE LORD LOVES YOU! THE LORD LOVES YOU! THE LORD LOVES YOU! THE LORD LOVES YOU! THE LORD LOVES YOU! THE LORD LOVES YOU! THE LORD LOVES YOU! THE LORD LOVES YOU! THE LORD LOVES YOU!

Repeating until you believe that and nothing can separate you from the love of God (Romans 8:39).

Ask the Lord to lead you to the RIGHT CHURCH FOR YOU and He will do that. But more importantly, be honest with the Lord about how you feel about Him, about yourself, about this life, about the past, present, and future. He CAN handle your stuff!!!
icon7.gif

The Lord can and will lead you to the right church with a TRUSTWORTHY pastor but ultimately, your trust has to be in the LORD JESUS CHRIST.

Always wonderful advice.....

Thank you! I have been praying a lot lately. Even if its just to tell God thank you for all the blessings that I don't even think I deserve. But I love your words about telling him whats on my heart and asking him to lead me to the right church. I've prayed for him to help me become a better Christian but I've never been specific about anything. I never even thought to ask to be lead to a church because I just feel as though a lot of preachers/church members are hypocrites and I really don't want the addition of MORE drama in my life. But nevertheless, I will ask him to lead me to a church that is trustworthy and one that will help me on my Christian journey. Thank you again.

Stop!

Drop!

Pray!

Repent!

icon7.gif
(((HUGS!)))

THE LORD LOVES YOU!
THE LORD LOVES YOU!

icon7.gif

Last edited:
Thank you for that reminder. & yes, I will definitely pray to God about sending me someone who will help me. I agree wholeheartedly about feelings changing as it concerns God. I love God with all my heart and from all the blessings that I have received, I don't doubt his existence one bit. I know that His answers do not always appear as soon as I ask questions, but I really need to develop a stronger relationship with him because I'm prone to messing up (big time!) and I get frustrated when things aren't going my way (which has been often lately). Sometimes, I don't even know what to do or what to even pray for because I either feel all prayed out or like I'm not going to have my prayers answered anyhow. But these are things I have to work on, this I know.

I will speak on the bolded, First, you are already right with GOD, Jesus paid the price for your sins so he "made things right" so to speak, all you have to do is believe that Jesus paid the price for your sins, repent for them yourself, and believe that Jesus is in fact the son of god.

2nd, I understand your distrust of preachers because there are so many false prophets out there, but you should probably start visiting churches, and start praying for god to send you "your pastor", and to put you in a place where you will be able to serve him best.

3rd, It is a lie of Satan to make you feel as if you are not worthy, one of his biggest manipulations is to make christians "feel" as if they are not worthy of gods love or love from anyone else. He is a master manipulater especially where feelings are concerned. One thing that I have learned and my pastor has taught me is that you can't know god through your feelings, because feelings are always changing, up and down, one day you may feel this way about god, one day you "feel" as if he is far away but god is the same, always and forever, unchanging if you will. You are worthy never forget that no matter what you are going through.
Hope that helps :)

Thank you for that reminder. & yes, I will definitely pray to God about sending me someone who will help me. I agree wholeheartedly about feelings changing as it concerns God. I love God with all my heart and from all the blessings that I have received, I don't doubt his existence one bit. I know that His answers do not always appear as soon as I ask questions, but I really need to develop a stronger relationship with him because I'm prone to messing up (big time!) and I get frustrated when things aren't going my way (which has been often lately). Sometimes, I don't even know what to do or what to even pray for because I either feel all prayed out or like I'm not going to have my prayers answered anyhow. But these are things I have to work on, this I know.

Hey LJBEE,

I just wanted to encourage you and let you know that you are in my prayers girl! :yep::yep:
Don't worry about anything because God sees all your troubles and He sees your heart...He will do what it takes to make your relationship with Him better...Believe me He wants to be closer to you waaayyy more than you know!! He loves you! And don't worry about messing up because God does not deal with us after our faults...Jesus already paid for all the sins of the world, past, present, and future!! its in our nature to fall short of God's glory, we are human!! Just make sure whatever you feel you have done against God has been dealt with accordingly (repentance, etc)
But here's a scripture you can meditate on
Galatians 6:9:

9And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

Stay Blessed!!!:yawn:

Aww man, I just wrote something and it disappeared. Let me try this again!

I think these girls have given you some great advice! Listen to them!

Now, I really don't buy into the whole "better Christian" mentality. I mean, what makes someone a better Christian than someone else?

Listen to God. When he calls you to do something, then do it. Talk to God throughout the day. Consult him when you have problems. Ask him to help you through something. This is the process of building a relationship with him. You can pray to him all day long if you want!

Read the bible. The bible will help you know God better! In reading the Bible and knowing God better, you will be able to distinguish truths. You'll be able to determine false prophets. You'll be able to weed out churches more easily. You'll know what's true b/c God will tell you.

I really hope this helps!

Simple plan: Pray, Read your Bible, believe what is written, live it, allow no one to discourage you from believing that THE WORD OF GOD IS THE TRUTH!! The Bible can be your guidebook to the straight and narrow path.

Stop!

Drop!

Pray!

Repent!

icon7.gif
(((HUGS!)))

THE LORD LOVES YOU!
THE LORD LOVES YOU!

icon7.gif

Now I know that is right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Intimacy with is also the KEY with prayer does!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:grin:

Congratulations on your decision to walk with God. Foxy said it all. To that I would add try to find some fellow partners to study the word with. The first step you are taking now is a wonderful one.:grin:

I'll just tell you how I did it. I prayed and confessed to God to forgive me of all the known wrong that I had done, asked for mercy and repented and I really mean't it. I promised that with his help I would never give in to sinful acts or practices again. I received a witness of mercy and forgiveness. I felt light and free. I stopped the clubbing, drinking, cussing, and fussing. Started reading my Bible and having a personal time with God AM and PM. I'm so glad I did this 20 years ago and have never looked back. "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive".

I'm not a traditional sort of christian but I've been watching this pastor on the web and I've really learned a lot from him and I think he's solid. He's in Greenville, SC and I don't know anymore about him than what I've seen on the web. I live in South Florida and I'm not a member of this chruch, so don't nobody jump on me and tell me all that's wrong with him, the church and/or the city. This is just a possible resource while she's looking for a church home.

This is the link http://www.rwoc.org/video_audio.php
go to video on demand and judge for yourself

Stop!

Drop!

Pray!

Repent!

icon7.gif
(((HUGS!)))

THE LORD LOVES YOU!
THE LORD LOVES YOU!

icon7.gif

:blowkiss::bighug: You have a good heart.

Back