How do I get my hair Silky, Silky?

Nessa

Hey Yal,

I don't know. But I want my hair to look like silk. You know like for example Sherrylove's hair or Peachtree's. My hair looks all dry. I wanna make it look silky like a human weave.

Anyone know any products that could make my hair look silky?

Nessa, I think it starts with your hair type. Some hair isn't going to get that "silky" look. What's your hair type? I've had the best results w/either doobie wraps or heat appliances used on air dried hair. I think oils and hair polishers give very good shine as well.

A doobie wrap is when you dry your hair in a wet set, then that's brushed into a wrap and you sit back under the dryer to relax the curl out. When you comb it back down it's very bouncy and shiney!

Hair set with rollers, when dried it's wrapped to loosen the curl. You're left with bouncy, loosley curled hair.

i agree, it has to do with your hairtype but also try to put less products in your hair. the lighter the product the silkier/bouncier my hair will be.

[ QUOTE ]
i agree, it has to do with your hairtype but also try to put less products in your hair. the lighter the product the silkier/bouncier my hair will be.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nessa, this quote by Nay basically says the same thing i've said in the PM. LESS PRODUCTS...in my case there's only 2.... Water based products (Motions Nourish leave in or distilled water) followed by a light oil product (Hot 6 oil or Wonder 8 oil) does the trick for me
smile.gif

Peachtree, you hit the nail on the head with less products. My hair has never been shiney, until I stopped using too many products. I did a co wash with my VO5 strawberries & cream, applied some Loreal Serum that was it. Yay! No more dull hair for me!
clap.gif

Sonya, how did you like the Strawberries and Cream conditioner? Does it reminds you of strawberry ice cream when it smells so good?
lick.gif

In addition to what everyone else said, I think that the health of your hair is crucial pre product. I hope that makes since. If your hair is even slightly damaged, no matter how much product you use, it will remain somewhat dull and lifeless.

So, my suggestion would be to focus on healthy hair first and work with your texture not against it. Narrow your products down to what works for you. Sit back and watch the sheen, thickness, body, etc. come in. In the long run, you'll be more satisfied with your results.

HTH,
TsAngel

[ QUOTE ]
Sonya, how did you like the Strawberries and Cream conditioner? Does it reminds you of strawberry ice cream when it smells so good?
lick.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you talking about that .99 stuff at Wal Mart?
confused.gif

I'm going to Kroger here in Indy to get some VO5 conditioner. This week it's $.89, and I'm going to get the Melon and Cucumber, Creamy Peach, and Blueberries and Cream. They're so freakin good!!
lick.gif

Peachtree, Kroger has VO5 shampoos and conditioners for $.88 this week. I'm taking your advice and try the Melon and Cucumber conditioner for my leave-in, and the Creamy Peach and Blueberries and Cream for my CO wash. I'll let you know how I like it. Done deal? Toodles.

Question, when doing the doobie wraps,you wet set it and then comb it down and wrap and then sit under the dryer. How long do you sit under the dryer?

Tee Tee

gabrielle_union.jpg

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Yal,

I don't know. But I want my hair to look like silk. You know like for example Sherrylove's hair or Peachtree's. My hair looks all dry. I wanna make it look silky like a human weave.

Anyone know any products that could make my hair look silky?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Nessa:

I don't necessary agree that it has to do with hair type.

I have very course 4b hair and I've left salons with my hair looking silky. I'll admit, I've come very close to getting that look myself, but I can't.

I'm against blowdrying, but if you want that look for a special event, why not go to a dominican salon (I think they do the best job on blowdrying) with the L'oreal smoothing serum and have them blwdry your hair. I'm sure your hair will come out silky and bouncy.

Okay. But I don't think my mom can aford that. But I can buy the L;oreal Serum. And then some day blow dry my hair and make it that way. How much is the Loreal serum?

whip.gif
swearing.gif
Why does everything have to be at Wal-Mart and inexpensive to boot!!!!?????? WHYYYYYYY!????!!!!???
frown.gif
cry3.gif
God bless you all.

Back