How do I care for a Sew-In that I leave in for 1mo

naptrl

Dr. Naptrl :)
I am going to start getting sew ins so that I can grow out my TWA. My natural hair is cornrowed in the front and then the weave is sewn in in the back. I surge my hair and moisturize it daily.
Is it okay for me to leave it in for a month and then take it down to wash and deep condition, then braid it up again?
How should I take care of it while it's in for the month?
Remember, my goal is EXTREME growth!!

When I wore sew-ins...I would wash with the hair in. I usually wore them for 2-3 months...washing once a week. The key is to limit tangling. To do this...before washing...I would separate the tracks at the base with long clips...then wash each section. As soon as I got out of the shower (while the hair was still wet)...I did a gentle comb through.

To prevent the tracks from becoming loose...make sure you hold the base of the track when you are combing your hair...or brushing it. This will also help to minimize shedding.

Make sure that you oil/moisturize the base of the track either every day...or as needed where your hair is braided.
I'm sure that you will see a nice amount of growth while wearing one. I know I did.
smile.gif

There was a good post about this a couple months back...if I find it...I will bump it for you.

Edidited to say: Found it!

Weave Wearers

Back