How do I achive curls with a texturizer?

brandy

Hi ladies!
I had a texturizer sometime ago but my hair came out straight.I would like to try texturizing again. Could someone kindly give me a reciepe or hint on how to achieve curls, especially like those on the girls featured in Curve Salon. I would appreciate any advice.Thanks.
newbie.gif

If your hair is tightly curled when it's in it's natural state, a texturizer would just loosen them up a bit. If your hair came out straight, it sounds like it was left on too long or was too strong. If you do a strand test, that will give you an idea of how long to leave it on and what strength to use. I have a texturizer and don't do anything to achieve curls. They're already there.

The ladies on the Curve site seemed to have alot done to their hair to give it that perfect curly look. Achieving that look after may or may not be as easy depending on your hair.

Next time try a very thick creamy leave in conditioner on damp hair, then some aloe vera gel over it once it begins to dry. Most importantly don't comb your curlys. Finger comb in the shower then add the creamy leave in to set the curls.

Hope that helps.

However if your hair is too straight from the relaxer then you might want to cut it slowly gradually as you texurised the new growth. Next time try conditoner mixed with relaxer to texturised. I have a friend who does this with good results.

Rose.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you CurlyCurly I will do a strand test next time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try to use hair from different sections of your head if your hair has different textures throughout. The relaxer timing/strength could be different if the hair texture/curl pattern is different.

What did you use to do your texturizer?

I used Soft & Beautiful texturizer. My hair type is 4A/4B. The front/mid section of my head is 4A, the back is 4A/4B, while my sides are 4B. Thanks CurlyCurly for your advice.
Rose.gif

Sorry, I hit the botton b/4 I completed my reply. I used Soft & Beautiful no lye regular strength texturizer.

Scrunching when it's about 50% dry(not while is is soaking wet) with a gel(I like Sebastion Wet mixed with a little oil). Or doing 4-5 finger coils and drying over night with some Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair Butter. It's still damp in the morning...so I seperate them gently and let it finish drying.

Back