How did your Dominican Blowout Look???

*C00KIE*

Next weekend I plan on getting my hair wash and set and from there get it blown out... dominican style. I am so excited.. its been a little over a year since I stopped using heat, but next weekend we are not only celebrating Obama victory ( i work almost everyday, better late than never) but we will also be going to Mavado Concert (jamaican rapper). I just want to see some pics for inspiration and to see how a dominican blowout MIGHT look on me. Plus, I need ideas on what I will wear so hopefully the hair can make it easier on picking out an outfit. Thank you in advance... -C00KIE

Next weekend I plan on getting my hair wash and set and from there get it blown out... dominican style. I am so excited.. its been a little over a year since I stopped using heat, but next weekend we are not only celebrating Obama victory ( i work almost everyday, better late than never) but we will also be going to Mavado Concert (jamaican rapper). I just want to see some pics for inspiration and to see how a dominican blowout MIGHT look on me. Plus, I need ideas on what I will wear so hopefully the hair can make it easier on picking out an outfit. Thank you in advance... -C00KIE

Check out my fotki. Most, if not all of my pics are Dom. blowouts.

Cuteeeeeee, both of yall. For very bouncy hair would you recommend less product and to prevent reversion what would yall recommend? How long did it last??

okay, I will probably forget to come back later.

The first pic is one from last month that I got done @ the SALON- can't tell from the pic, but it was bouncy. I was 4 weeks post

The second two are right & left shots of one that I did myself. I used their techniques. I was 8 weeks post & my hair came out straight & bouncy. As you can see, the roller sets also helped me retain length very well.

The one I did myself- Shampoo w/ Garnier Fructis, deep condition w/ Garnier Fructis. Garnier Fructis smoothing milk as a leave-in & chi silk infusion as protection before roller setting. Thank I did a saran wrap treatment with Mango butter. I followed Macherieamour's Dominican- inspired method.

At the salon, they use all Dom products & Nexxus. If I keep roller-setting, I'm going to switch over to more Dom products.

Can last for 2 weeks, but I wash my hair at least weekly.

Last edited:
These pics just really make me cant wait for my blow out :lick:. So for heat protectant you recommend the chi silk and what is the best humid blocker would you recommend... 100% natural here :grin: Or anyother light products would you or anyone else recommend??

okay, I will probably forget to come back later.

The first pic is one from last month that I got done @ the SALON- can't tell from the pic, but it was bouncy. I was 4 weeks post

The second two are right & left shots of one that I did myself. I used their techniques. I was 8 weeks post & my hair came out straight & bouncy. As you can see, the roller sets also helped me retain length very well.

The one I did myself- Shampoo w/ Garnier Fructis, deep condition w/ Garnier Fructis. Garnier Fructis smoothing milk as a leave-in & chi silk infusion as protection before roller setting. Thank I did a saran wrap treatment with Mango butter. I followed Macherieamour's Dominican- inspired method.

At the salon, they use all Dom products & Nexxus. If I keep roller-setting, I'm going to switch over to more Dom products.

Can last for 2 weeks, but I wash my hair at least weekly.

Ugh! I am so IN LOVE W/ pic #3:yep:

My avatar is the result of a dominican rollerset. Then they blew out my roots and pincurled? my ends.

I just got one yesterday...
dom11608.jpg

Ugh! I am so IN LOVE W/ pic #3:yep:

Aw, thanks! The Chi Silk Infusion works the best for me. I tried different heat protectants, but it gave me that shine without weighing my hair down. I wish I knew exactly what they use at the salon, but I never paid attention.

I had my first Domincan blowout last week. Man I was loving it. My hair was straighter than my relaxer. I had shine for days. I will definitely get one again especially now since I'm due for a touch up the end of the month. I have a pic in it in my fotki.

mine came out the bomb:drunk:, but I suffered a slew of damage, so never again! I'm still trying to grow back areas that broke off to shorter than pinky length, so right now you can really see how thin it is. my edges and the crown area. my sis in-law even commented how much different it looks compared to before. plus she cut off a lot :wallbash:. progress, I mean I was almost waist. so, the ends didn't justify the means. so no more blowouts for me, I'm nursing it back to where it was b4 the blowout. but, it did look great though for 2 weeks. the pics are from Oct 2007. it looks nothing like this now:cry2:

Last edited:
Back