How did you like Kenra's Straightening Serum?

Gemini350z

I needed a serum, and decided to go with Kenra's straightening serum, but after using it my hair feels coated and dry.

I am a relaxed 4a/3c if that helps.

How do you ladies feel about this product? Did it work for you? Is it better for naturals rather then relaxed hair?

I have it!

How were you using it? I know the instructions say that you are supposed to use it on freshly washed hair and use the serum to blowdry and round brush the hair it into its style. But, I've mostly used it to smooth my rollersets, and it does keep the frizz at bay. Since I'm texlaxed, it doesn't take much humidity for my hair "go" :lachen:

I haven't had any issues with it making my hair feel coated or anything, but then again that's pretty much what a serum is supposed to do. :lachen: One thing I can suggest is to reduce the amount of serum you are using next time. It doesn't take much, so when I do my rollerset, I spray on my setting lotion, put a nickel sized amount (or smaller) of the serum in my hand- rub together until it disappears then distribute throughout my hair. The heat helps it silken.

If that doesn't do the trick, then you may need to look for a new serum!

Thanks sistaslick!

I used it after I washed, applied a "generous" amount like the bottle instructed me too, maybe I was too "generous". Lol I will try it again using a smaller amount.

Thank you.

Thanks sistaslick!

I used it after I washed, applied a "generous" amount like the bottle instructed me too, maybe I was too "generous". Lol I will try it again using a smaller amount.

Thank you.

Yeah, you don't need "generous"-- they just want you to use it all up quickly so you can need to buy some more. Sheisters. :rolleyes::lachen::lachen::lachen:

Back