How could she be so ignorant......

GinuwinesBoo

yesterday at beauty school we were watching a video of a guy glueing a quick weave in this girls head and i asked one of my teachers (the black one) what was the easiest way to get them out and she said they have a remover for it then i said but on the bottle it says not to use that on relaxed hair and she says the bottle is made by white people and they dont what theyre talking about and to go ahead and use it anyway. now thats just the beginning then she goes on about how theres no way a black woman can style her hair without heat and make it look good and that we absolutely have to have some heat. oh but wait it gets worse, we watched another guy glue in extensions and he glued them to her scalp and i said he shouldnt be doing that and she said well her hair is so short that if you didnt glue them to her scalp they would slip right out so they must be glued to the scalp. i wanted to educate her so bad but i didnt want to make her feel stupid. all i know is she will never touch my hair. and im sorry but her hair even looks damaged. im just stuck wondering how the hell she got her job.

GinuwinesBoo, that's scary. And we wonder why some stylists are so ignorant on hair care. Sad...real' sad.
nono.gif

Dang makes me want to take back all the negative things I've said about hairdressers. I mean if this is what they are being taught then no wonder they can't keep hair on your head worht a crap. Maybe it's really not their fault cause later they will repeat this to some other unknowing sould and the chain will continue.

that is sick
computer.gif
, I think that they care less about good hair care, and more about quick harmful ones
mad.gif
, I know some ppl that can braid in extensions with less then 1 inch of hair, or even braid that up, I dont think this school or videos are out to support black hair, I think they just want them too keep coming back, miseducated, and having
angry2.gif
hair the falling out and damaged, They dont know
censored.gif
anything about AA hair and need to educated right in thier faces
swearing.gif
, makes me not not want to go to beauty school,
frown.gif
, that really makes me mad that some ppl r put in high positions, and really are not the right person for the job
perplexed.gif
, Dont let her touch your hair, or any student that belives the crap
shocked.gif
, glue on the scalp

OOh that reminds me of my old hairdresser back when I had a relaxer. My hair has never been very healthy with a relaxer. I wanted to grow it out and wear it naturally curly and hot comb it every so often when I wanted it straight. She told me that I didn't have the type of hair that could get straight with just a hot comb. I would need a relaxer. I told her that I wouldn't straighten it then. I'd just wear it curly. Then she told me I didn't have managable hair so I would need a relaxer! I've been natural for 3 years now and my hair is the longest it's ever been. I had it straightened twice and it turned out straighter than most women with relaxed hair. And I must say it is MUCH more managable than the relaxed hair I had. I think she just wanted the money.

GinuwinesBoo:

I'm not surprised. That's why I rarely get my done by " professional stylists ." I told a good friend of mine who's been a hair stylist for over 20 years, I don't use heat on my hair to get it straight after washing. She asked me how do I accomplish that.

[ QUOTE ]
GinuwinesBoo:

I'm not surprised. That's why I rarely get my done by " professional stylists ."

[/ QUOTE ]
Me either. I have one friend whom I trust with my hair. She does everything exactly as I ask.

Oh my! So, this is what they're teaching in Beauty School!
shocked.gif
No wonder it's so hard to find a good stylist--one who's into healthy hair too.

This is the very reason I do my own hair.

I commend you on "holding your peace"
laugh.gif
for the sake of not making her look stupid. That was really sweet and considerate. Hey, at least you know better than all that jazz that she was talking about
smile.gif

it really is sad and all the black girls that go there let her do their hair and a lot of them have damaged hair. but i never thought that that could be the reason most stylist dont know what their doing because they were taught wrong. if i wasnt a member of this board i would probably eat up most of what she was saying because she sounds real convincing but im no fool.

[ QUOTE ]
OOh that reminds me of my old hairdresser back when I had a relaxer. My hair has never been very healthy with a relaxer. I wanted to grow it out and wear it naturally curly and hot comb it every so often when I wanted it straight. She told me that I didn't have the type of hair that could get straight with just a hot comb. I would need a relaxer. I told her that I wouldn't straighten it then. I'd just wear it curly. Then she told me I didn't have managable hair so I would need a relaxer! I've been natural for 3 years now and my hair is the longest it's ever been. I had it straightened twice and it turned out straighter than most women with relaxed hair. And I must say it is MUCH more managable than the relaxed hair I had. I think she just wanted the money.

[/ QUOTE ]

How did you achieve this?
confused.gif
I would like to go natural, but find the transition overwhelming.
wallbash.gif
I would very much appreciate some tips.

Back