How Can I get my hair like this (See Pic)?

NidiaSophia

Hey yall,

I am textlaxed, probably a 4b naturally. How can i get my hair like Kenya Moore in the picture below? My hair goes like this when wet, but what should I use to get the sheen as well as the softness? Cause afterwards my hair goes into frizzball mode.

bwp_kenya_4.jpg

Thanks,

Shelly :)

NidiaSophia said:
Hey yall,

I am textlaxed, probably a 4b naturally. How can i get my hair like Kenya Moore in the picture below? My hair goes like this when wet, but what should I use to get the sheen as well as the softness? Cause afterwards my hair goes into frizzball mode.

View attachment 2245

Thanks,

Shelly :)
Are you asking how to get your hair like hers after it is dry? If so, what about a braidout?
What is your hair regimen now?

Isis said:
Are you asking how to get your hair like hers after it is dry? If so, what about a braidout?
What is your hair regimen now?

Hey Isis,

Well not necessarily after it is dry, but when my hair is wet (and my roots have been touched up of course ;) ) it looks like Kenya's. However, when my hair dries, it goes frizzy. I wash, condition and moisturize basically. what styling products do i have to use to keep the curls defined and shiny?

Thanks

A lady that used to be up here (I think her name is Tracy) posted some detailed instructions on how to get your hair to dry curly. I followed it and I know for a fact that it works. Unfortunately I couldn't find the thread when I searched for it. Does anybody have it saved or can anybody bump it up? I think you'll find it very informative. Some of the things I remember using are a curling spray such as John Frieda Frizz-Ease Dream Curls, a shine serum, a styling balm, leave-in, and maybe some other things. Sorry I don't remember it all.

Here's a re-post of Tracy's post about the curly relaxed hair. Hope it helps some:

From the How to's thread.... Hope it helps...

My hair is the same texture as yours Chaya and yes, I leave with springy bouncy curls if I do it just this way.... I made a few minor changes...just for clarity....
---------

Reposting here upon request

The primary ingredients for a natural looking curl on relaxed hair are:

conditioner
Styling Cream
Curl spray
Serum

Some people may not need the styling creme and the curl spray togther. I can do without the styling creme, or the spray in a pinch for instance - but not both.

The products I use to achieve my curl vary, but for the most part I use the following:

Any leave in or lightweight rinse out conditoner will do. Lately, I've had fab results with Sebastian Moisture Base. Again, any conditioner that you like that isn't too heavy and doesn't have too many cones will work. I wouldn't go for instance with a cholesterol conditioner.

I religiously use and will never give up John Frieda Dream Curls. That's the curl spray that does the trick on my hair. A good gel that has a similar purpose is KMS curling balm. Either will effect the same results - to encourage and hold the curl in the hair minus crunch (a determining factor for me). If you have a hard time with the sprays and gels some people's hair responds better to non-alcohol mousse. John Frieda's Frizz Ease line has one that is superior. Point? You need something to encourage the curl.

The styling cremes (I like Salon Selectives Loosely Defined and my favorite is L'oreal UnFrizz Taming Creme) are optional but they give a nice finished look and some control if your hair tends to get too big as it dries.

The serum is key. I've experimented a lot and you need a good thick one. I like Keracare's Silken Seal. It should go after the conditioner and the creme's but before the spray. The product encouraging the curl should be the last to go on.

The rest is in the technique. I lightly wrap a towel around my head after washing just so it's not soaking wet. A minute or two - tops. Then I apply a tablespoon size of conditioner (mostly to the last 3 inches of my hair) and the styling creme if I'm using one. Then I tie my edges with a satiny rectangular shaped scarf (I mention the shape only because it should extend back toward the crown only about 2-3 inches - otherwise the top of the hair will be flat). I leave the scarf on until it's mostly dry and to the the area that's left free I apply the curl spray liberally and then the serum.

Then I DO NOT TOUCH IT, DO NOT TOUCH IT, DO NOT TOUCH IT (can you tell this is important? ) until it's 75% dry. It should feel slightly damp but mostly dry to the touch. At that point I lightly gather just the tips of my hair in my fists and squeeze gently. That helps encourage the curl on the strands that aren't going with the flow. It helps to bend over and let gravity help separate the strands from one another to give a nice, full appearance.

ETA to include a link to Tracy's album: http://public.fotki.com/almostzoe/

Chinagem said:
Here's a re-post of Tracy's post about the curly relaxed hair. Hope it helps some:

My hair is the same texture as yours Chaya and yes, I leave with springy bouncy curls if I do it just this way.... I made a few minor changes...just for clarity....
---------

conditioner
Styling Cream
Curl spray
Serum

Some people may not need the styling creme and the curl spray togther. I can do without the styling creme, or the spray in a pinch for instance - but not both.

The products I use to achieve my curl vary, but for the most part I use the following:

Any leave in or lightweight rinse out conditoner will do. Lately, I've had fab results with Sebastian Moisture Base. Again, any conditioner that you like that isn't too heavy and doesn't have too many cones will work. I wouldn't go for instance with a cholesterol conditioner.

I religiously use and will never give up John Frieda Dream Curls. That's the curl spray that does the trick on my hair. A good gel that has a similar purpose is KMS curling balm. Either will effect the same results - to encourage and hold the curl in the hair minus crunch (a determining factor for me). If you have a hard time with the sprays and gels some people's hair responds better to non-alcohol mousse. John Frieda's Frizz Ease line has one that is superior. Point? You need something to encourage the curl.

The styling cremes (I like Salon Selectives Loosely Defined and my favorite is L'oreal UnFrizz Taming Creme) are optional but they give a nice finished look and some control if your hair tends to get too big as it dries.

The serum is key. I've experimented a lot and you need a good thick one. I like Keracare's Silken Seal. It should go after the conditioner and the creme's but before the spray. The product encouraging the curl should be the last to go on.

The rest is in the technique. I lightly wrap a towel around my head after washing just so it's not soaking wet. A minute or two - tops. Then I apply a tablespoon size of conditioner (mostly to the last 3 inches of my hair) and the styling creme if I'm using one. Then I tie my edges with a satiny rectangular shaped scarf (I mention the shape only because it should extend back toward the crown only about 2-3 inches - otherwise the top of the hair will be flat). I leave the scarf on until it's mostly dry and to the the area that's left free I apply the curl spray liberally and then the serum.

Then I DO NOT TOUCH IT, DO NOT TOUCH IT, DO NOT TOUCH IT (can you tell this is important? ) until it's 75% dry. It should feel slightly damp but mostly dry to the touch. At that point I lightly gather just the tips of my hair in my fists and squeeze gently. That helps encourage the curl on the strands that aren't going with the flow. It helps to bend over and let gravity help separate the strands from one another to give a nice, full appearance.

Thank you sooooooooo much you are a sweet heart...I will try this out after my touch up. You are the best!!!

Shelly

Chinagem said:

---------

conditioner
Styling Cream
Curl spray
Serum

Thanks Chinagem for reposting Tracy's instructions. I forgot all about this one and it's worth saving. :fan:

Please share your experience with this NidiaSophia!:)

Back