How before you know you're into him?

Avyn

How soon in a relationship do you know if you're really into someone?

I usually know quickly, like within the 1st encounter. I have clicked right away with a good number of guys, so I have the expectation that this should be the case all the time. But recently I met someone who didnt give me butterflies but is growing on me. Im trying to be less judgemental and really feel a person out. So Im going to start leaving the door open longer, esp. if they're really into me.

Last edited:
I know immediately. If you get giddy when you get a text or call from him. If you feel somewhat nervous around him. If he gives you butterflies.

How long? Within that first date, or the 2nd date at the absolute latest. By then I'd know if I'd want to continue and let it grow into something.

It usually doesn't take me THAT long if I've been interacting with the person for a little bit. :yep:

I know immediately. If you get giddy when you get a text or call from him. If you feel somewhat nervous around him. If he gives you butterflies.
Yea...I'm not that type of woman where men "Grow" on me too much lol, so I usually know from the first MEETING or the first few interactions with a man whether or not I would want to get to know him better. :yep: And if I've started "Dating" a guy, well then I usually know from the first DATE or two if I feel a real "connection".

I can even be "lukewarm" (or neutral---neither like nor dislike) about a guy when I first meet him, but then a little while down the line when I spend more time with him he becomes more attractive to me. But that's usually kind of rare. I typically know from jump whether or not I could see myself with a guy. :yep: I never go from disliking a guy to all of a sudden "oh I'm in love!!" :love3: No way lol! :lol:

If you're finding out that you have to FORCE yourself to like a guy and you've been on at least 3 dates with him, then I say just cut it off. I call it the 3-Date rule lol.... :lol: After 3 dates if I'm not liking him more and more, then I don't think it will work in the long run. But then again, like I said I'm not the type of woman that men usually "grow on". :look:

Pretty much. :yep:

Last year when I was actually going on dates :rolleyes:, I went out with 2 guys and knew after the first date I wasn't feeling them.

One I gave another shot because he was really nice and very into me, but when a half-hour meeting for ice-cream feels like the longest, most painful night of your life, that's a bad sign. :look:

I know after our first real conversation. If there is a physical attraction AND we can talk about anything, I'm into him. Can u tell I'm not picky? Lol

I know from the first conversation if there's something I'm drawn to.:look::yep: Studies show that men determine whether they're interested in a woman in about 10 minutes. With women it's about 10-20 minutes. When I was actually dating, it took about that time for me to know for sure it's a no-go.:nono:

I dont always like men straight away ,I tend to go more for personality than looks .
Generally speaking tru4reele description is spot on . I feel nervous/shy around him ,I get excited when i receive a text/call from him ,love everything about him even the "unappealing" stuff .

I know I'm into someone when even in my dreams we're together. Many times I've dated someone but had dreams I was with various other men, so idiom dreaming about the guy in a regular basis it's a sign I'm probably really attached at the very least.

When he calls, and I take his call even though I am busy. I'm somewhat of an introvert.. that's important for me. lol

I usually know quickly, like within the 1st encounter. I have clicked right away with a good number of guys, so I have the expectation that this should be the case all the time. But recently I met someone who didnt give me butterflies but is growing on me. Im trying to be less judgemental and really feel a person out. So Im going to start leaving the door open longer, esp. if they're really into me.

This is perfect timing for me.

My knee jerk response is to say what tru4reele says. I know immediately. The feeling will usually intensify after too after speaking to the person a few times and when I see someone in person, I know RIGHT away if I'm attracted to someone or could see an attraction developing. This is why when I'm in the street or wherever and see a dude that catches my eye, I'll look and do a double look :yep: cause it's rare.

This is my biggest issue with online dating. I'd personally prefer to see someone in person right away just to know if I'm attracted to them. With the online thing, for this reason I usually want to speak to someone on the phone RIGHT away and if that goes well, then MEET right away.

Ex: I was messaging someone back and forth online for a few weeks, and in my gut I wanted to stop all the messaging back and forth, talk to the dude right away and then meet up. But he took things slower. We'll the messaging went back and forth, and then a phone call which went well, then we finally meet up. When I saw dude I was NOT attracted to him at all, but we enjoyed our date and time spent with each other. We'd talk on the phone after that and I found myself just not really interested at all. I felt no buzz, chemistry, interest -- nothing... other than he's a really nice guy. We were supposed to go out this evening for a second date and I text him I have to work late. He caught on that I wasn't interested in him -- how awkward. This could have been avoided also if I stopped with the long back and forth messages online and spoke to him right away and then met up quickly.

I know I'm into someone when even in my dreams we're together. Many times I've dated someone but had dreams I was with various other men, so idiom dreaming about the guy in a regular basis it's a sign I'm probably really attached at the very least.

Me too! My dreams are usually quite telling of a lot for me. With one of my ex's I used to have dreams about other men all the time, one time I had a dream about his brother and in all the dreams I had with other men the bottom line was that I felt terribly guilty for desiring them and not my SO :ohwell:. If I like someone I'm sure they would pop up in my dreams even if the dream was non sexual.

Back