How are you styling that 3in TWA 4a/b Naturals?

dlove

After the BC in May, I am ready to try a new look with my TWA. My hair is noticibly growing, but I am so tired of this same look day after day. I like this new look I've been trying out, plaiting it in 14 little plaits and finger combing it every morning. I wear a cute little head band in the front.

I dont like weave or wigs. They tend to damage my hair and thin my temples after a while. I've noticed that my hair is longer around the perimeter than middle section. I think the middle section is 4b- Very tightly coiled, thick, compact and dense. The outer perimeter has been sort of damaged by heat. Its kind of straight with a very loose curl pattern. Its like 3c/4a hair. Speaking of heat, I tried to fblow dry and flat iron my hair Three times in October. I plan on wearing wash and gos for now on due to the horrible looking ends.

This thread has two essential questions:
  1. What are your TWA hairstyles and
2. Should I get my ends trimmed from Octobers heat (I only have 3 inches of hair right now:rolleyes:) or keep washing,conditioning, oil rinsing,ACV rinsing, moisturizing and sealing?

Thanks Ladies....

3 inches of hair is quite a bit. I used to put comb coils in my hair leave them in for a couple of days and then seperate them for a curly looking fro.

Well I have been doing two strand twists for awhile and I have had my hair cornrowed in Nov, sometimes I will wear a twistout or my afro puff. I haven't really done wash and gos lately. I picked my hair out some and wore my little fro. I'm going to try some more hair styles soon, but I don't wanna have my hands in my hair too much either right now. I'm tryin to focus on moisturizing my hair because I have a hair goal for April as far as length is concerned.

When my hair was that length I used to do was ans go's everyday or I would push the front back with a headband and wear it that way. Oh, how I miss those days...kinda.

I mainly did twists for a few days, then wore a twist out fro with a headhand. You can try the same thing with box braids and wear a braidout fro. Sometimes my twists and box braids looked good enough to wear out the house, sometimes they didn't. Practice makes perfect.

Accessorize! Flowers. Cute Pins. Earrings. Makeup. That's what I did until recently and I have way more than 3 inches. I had to start you tubing and finding videos of people doing different styles. I'm getting pretty creative now. Where as a month ago I was sooooo whack. I've been natural 2.5 years.

Back