How about Chlorella? PART 2

Nappy_in_the_City

This is the sequel to the 5000-something original post...located here http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=329287

Check post 1 and 2 for the quick start guide, many of the answers to your questions are summed up in those posts.

I had a question. I wanted to know if any ladies are taking the Souce Naturals powder with fish oil and multivitamin? Is a multivitamin needed when taking Chlorella? I'm trying to place my order later today. Thanks to all you helpful ladies...

Last edited:
It locked??? What????

Any hoo, a multi vitamin to me is not needed as chlorella is power packed.. I take the source naturals yaeyama chlorella powder (or tablets) and earthrise spirulina.. I dont add anything else...

so what does chlorella do for you guys then? does it increase growth? is it good for health? didnt get to read the other thread

I JUST purchased my Source Naturals from iherb... since I heard raves about it. I got $5 off my order with this discount code: XOL215. I'm so excited to try. I used to work at a health food store a long time ago and would always do a shot a wheat grass in the morning and make myself smoothies throughout the day with spirulina and lecithin 'cuz I was bored and hungry... if only I'd knewed!!

It's ok I'm slowly getting myself back on track.

I was taking for a while but I had to stop. It made my hair a little thicker and my body loved it but I had enough of the facial, neck and chin hairs, I have dark scars on my neck from the constant pucking and ingrown hairs. I put up with that for about 7 mos, and Im done.

Thank you Nappy. Not to be a thorn in someone's side but, if the old thread was going to be locked don't you think the original poster of the thread should have been notified????? And with an explanation as to why it was locked? Not only that but if a new thread is to be started don't you think it should include some of the information that was in the first one so that people won't have to keep asking the same questions? (NOT A PERSONAL ATTACK JUST A LITTLE MIFFED IS ALL.) Link to original thread:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=329287

Is locked something bad? I thought because the pages were so extensive they locked it, maybe some information was outdated...

Didn't mean to step on anyone's toes, just wanted a question answered since the thread was locked..................

Is locked something bad? I thought because the pages were so extensive they locked it, maybe some information was outdated...

Didn't mean to step on anyone's toes, just wanted a question answered since the thread was locked..................

Locking it confuses things and there was no warning. I'm sure there was a reason for it. A lot of members that post there and get information from that site don't know it yet.

It's not your fault Nappy and I'm glad you started a new one.

Size matters girls, I think that's why the other thread was locked. Sad, but safe in my favourites :)

Still green and lurking, great to see so many new greenies!

I've emailed Beverly. I don't know why it was locked because I didn't request it! Plus there weren't any arguments or anthing.It was a nice very supportive environment.

threads can get locked when they get too long. it puts a strain on the servers to have threads with 50-11 kathousand posts. so no worries :yep:

& thanks OP for starting this! my head was spinning reading all those posts in the original thread.

I did not realize the first thread was locked.
Well I will repost my question here:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showpost.php?p=8988522&postcount=5240

I cannot find Jarrows Powder with 950 CGF. Where are you all finding this version?

I found Jarrows 1,000 g Powder with 2 grams per .5 tsp serving but it's only 240 mg CGF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muse
Wait what?! I missed this when I first read your post. 900! You absolutely have to let us know how this one works for you. That's an amazing amount

ETA: Ok I just looked up the Jarrow's brand on Vitacost and it looks REALLY good! One teaspoon gives you 5g and there's 200 serving plus the 950 CGF for $43.87, to me it's worth it. It also has great reviews and plenty of them.

No worries Nappy_in_the_City. I just realized why it happens when it's too big I guess. Can you please make sure to put the link in your first post.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/for...d.php?t=329287

That way people will be able to reference it. Also if you can add"Check post #1 and #2 for the quick start guide, as it really does answer almost every question that has come up so far and can really help those getting started to decide what to do.

Thx!

threads can get locked when they get too long. it puts a strain on the servers to have threads with 50-11 kathousand posts. so no worries :yep:
That makes sense. Thanks for giving me the heads up as I never got a response back from Admin:perplexed Maybe they were busy, but I was wondering what was going on and I know it was such a supportive environment there. That's one thing I liked about the thread is that we all are so positive and willing to share our experiences. So anyways I'm glad another is started and I hope the Op references the other so that everyone can look at post 1 and 2 for any quick questions that may have already been answered in the quick start guide.
& thanks OP for starting this! my head was spinning reading all those posts in the original thread.

As someone who does have to pluck a chin hair every 2 - 2.5 months, this does not sound appealing:ohwell:

I was taking for a while but I had to stop. It made my hair a little thicker and my body loved it but I had enough of the facial, neck and chin hairs, I have dark scars on my neck from the constant pucking and ingrown hairs. I put up with that for about 7 mos, and Im done.

I fell off Chlorella but I'm back on. I was up to 9 grams but now I'm starting back at 2 grams and working my way back up.:yep:

I was taking for a while but I had to stop. It made my hair a little thicker and my body loved it but I had enough of the facial, neck and chin hairs, I have dark scars on my neck from the constant pucking and ingrown hairs.

This happened to me over the summer and I thought something was wrong with me. :look:
I exfoliated my neck and throat area with baking soda and used Ambi. It made the dark scars not as visible.

Wow, I haven't posted in the chlorella thread in forever! The old thread got locked?? That sucks...

Well, I'm still going strong with chlorella, but I've been stuck at the same dose for a while. I've been trying to up my dosage by one gram a month, but everytime I do, I get really constipated (sorry TMI!) So I'm still at 6 grams a day, and I really want to increase it.

Drinking more water is not really an option, since I already drink at least 64 ounces a day. So instead, I've started light exercise and stretching to get my system moving. Luckiestdestiny gave me a boatload of healthy recipes a few months ago, and they've really helped me to get my nutrition back on track (thank you sooooo much, LD, those recipes were just what I needed!) I also take acidophilus pearls daily to help keep me regular, so I'm going to attempt to get up to 7 grams by the end of the month. I think I'll increase by one pill daily, and see how my body responds to that.

I'm not really taking enough chlorella to see any major results, but I'm sticking with it anyways. Hopefully I'll be able to get up to 9 grams a day by the end of the year, and between chl, diet, and exercise, I'd like to eventually start seeing an inch of growth per month.

I'm starting really slowly b/c I already take a lot of vitamins and some medication. So for now, I'm at 1 gram per day. I'm just scared that I might get some adverse reaction so I'm trying to go slowly.

How soon should I start increasing my dosage? Should I progress week by week? Month by month?

I posted this in the other thread too:
Beverly reopened the original thread for those that want to keep the information in one place. Maybe we could use this one for other means, like quick questions, and theoriginal for status updates, changes, and just to touch base...what do you think? I really liked the original being a home base for everyone and that's what the original pioneers in the chlorella thread had agreed upon.

I JUST purchased my Source Naturals from iherb... since I heard raves about it. I got $5 off my order with this discount code: XOL215. I'm so excited to try. I used to work at a health food store a long time ago and would always do a shot a wheat grass in the morning and make myself smoothies throughout the day with spirulina and lecithin 'cuz I was bored and hungry... if only I'd knewed!!

It's ok I'm slowly getting myself back on track.

TY! I just ordered a 100grams of powder with your code and only paid like 4.50 with shipping!!:yep: Not to mention, i ordered at like 2am this morning and got a shipping confirmation at like 10 a.m. now that's service!!!

Back