Hot Oil Burns??!!

Shawn

Last night, after my Tae Bo class, I felt the need to wash my sweaty hair. I also felt the need to sleep in TCB Hydrating "Hot" Oil last night. The oil is not hot. It just has that name. I've seen where others on the board have used oil treatments overnight. In any case, when I woke up this morning to wash my hair, I noticed that my scalp was burning? Has this happened to anyone else? What is in that TCB stuff that causes this? Ouch!!!!

Allandra-- TCB Hydrating Hot Oil contains:

Water (Aqua);
Cocotrimonium Chloride;
Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice;
Tocopherol;
Gelatin/Keratin Amino Acids/Lysine Hydrosypropyltrimonium Chloride;
Phytantriol;
Oleth-20;
Quaternium-84;
Panthenol;
Acedamide Mea;
Polyquaternium-10;
Achillea Millefolium Extract;
Chamomile or Matricaria Exract;
Rosemarinus Officinalis Leaf Extract;
Salvia Officinalis Leaf Extract;
Symphtum Officinale Extract;
Urtica Dioica Extract;
Hydroxyethylcellulose;
PEI-1750;
Methylparaben;
Disodium EDTA;
Hydrochloric Acid;
Fragrance (Parfum); and
Yellow 6 (CI 15985).

Sorry it took me so long to give you what you needed to help me. But you can see why . . . WHEW!! (cross-eyed look)

SVT-- This one does not say "self-heating" nor did it feel that way when applied. I have used Luster's self-heating oil before and know what that feels like.

Thanks for posting the ingredients Shawn. I wonder why it burned. Maybe you could use something soothing like an aloe vera product to give your scalp some relief.

Sounds like you may be allergic to one or more of the ingredients. I had a similar problem whenever I would use one of those Hot Six oils. The aloe vear gel as a skin soother may help ease the burning and soothe your skin. I hope you feel better.

Back