Hot Combs ? Whats the deal..

xxCami

My friend came to my house this past weekend and saw a hot comb on the floor and started bugging...

I mean I have 4b hair that is air dryed. :look:
In order for me to wear my half wigs just hte front of my head needs to be straight and I uses it every other week.. or for dire constraints...

So whats the story behind a hot comb?
If I deep condition, moisturize etc...

why is it such a crime?
It dont be so hot that it burns my hair off. lol

I dont know about damage and such, but I think people just associate hot combs with old school you know? When I was in college I had a friend that had the whole set, the stove, hot comb and the curlers and I was surprised because Im like your 18 what are you doing with these ancient appliances

nice upgraded pic:grin:, hot combs are not bad if you use a heat protectant and the comb is not hot, but if you're just doing the front, i would use a flat iron with some aveda control paste, thats what i used when i did just the front, the paste give it more straightness....

You are going to change the texture of your front hair versus the rest of your hair. My hair in the front is way to straight than the rest of my hair texture.

I have bad memories of the hot comb. I have tried it myself and no luck for me. My stylist has used it on my hair.

You are going to change the texture of your front hair versus the rest of your hair. My hair in the front is way to straight than the rest of my hair texture.

I have bad memories of the hot comb. I have tried it myself and no luck for me. My stylist has used it on my hair.

Really... b.c when I wash it ..
as u can see in that firs tpic I had..
It looks no diff.

hat bad memories you have hun?

nice upgraded pic:grin:, hot combs are not bad if you use a heat protectant and the comb is not hot, but if you're just doing the front, i would use a flat iron with some aveda control paste, thats what i used when i did just the front, the paste give it more straightness....

Is the control paste a heat protectant that moisturizes.. ?

You are relaxed and you use a hot comb.....I didn't know that relaxed hair needs hot comb:nono:, I'm natural 4b and until now I didn't use it
Imo Hot comb is more for natural hair than for relaxed:look:

Last edited:
My friend came to my house this past weekend and saw a hot comb on the floor and started bugging...

I mean I have 4b hair that is air dryed. :look:
In order for me to wear my half wigs just hte front of my head needs to be straight and I uses it every other week.. or for dire constraints...

So whats the story behind a hot comb?
If I deep condition, moisturize etc...

why is it such a crime?
It dont be so hot that it burns my hair off. lol

Hot combs do better straightening 4b hair, in my opinion, than flat irons.

You are relaxed and you use a hot comb.....I didn't know that relaxed hair needs hot comb:nono:, I'm natural 4b and until now I didn't use it
Imo Hot comb is more for natural hair than for relaxed:look:

Good point..
I asked if I was texlaxing.
But I cant texlax if I dont have that texted hair. :drunk:

what i am trying to say is that some parts of my hair is wavy.
but my friend says thats b.c its kinky. i.e 4b.

My hair just recently started taking to perms again after I clarify pooed it..

Maybe i am doing something wrong when i perm it .. who knows.
but it doesnt look wear worthy until i hot comb or flat iron it after air drying. it looks nice, thick, healthy , and shiny. .

I wear weaves, and I leave the crown out. I frequently use hot combs on my edges and crown/roots area. I haven't seen much damage, but then again I don't have much to compare it to since my hair is still braided up in the weave.

Back