Hot Air Brushes....have you tried 'em??

zzirvingj

For those who have used a hot air brush on your hair, I'd like to know what was your experience?? :

1. What brand did you use (post a pic if you can, please :grin:)?

2. What type of hair do you have (4a/b, etc.), and are you relaxed/natural/texlaxed, etc.? If you are stretching, how much new growth do you have?

3. How many times have you used it, and how well did it work on your hair?

4. What state was your hair in when you used it? (i.e., was it soaking wet with no product, soaking wet with a leave-in, totally air-dried with no product, etc. )

I have a Babyliss. Love it? Has boar brush and nylong bristles. I am a natural 4ab. I have had fantastic results with it.

Oh and Sam, your reviews just saved me beaucoup $$$$ as a PJ. So, what are you doing with so MANY hairbrushes:shocked:. Never mind... Don't bother answering!!!! I already know your answer. Tee hee hee.

I went to folica to purchase the Babybliss hot air brush, but it's discontinued. The only one I can find is the one that has the flat iron combo with the brush.

I have a COnair ionic one. I like it- it is easier for me than trying to use a roundbrush and blowdryer at the same time. Mind you, I don't get flatiron results and my hair is still somewhat puffy and sometimes a little wavy, but I have very little patience for blowdrying and flatironing so other's results would probably be better.

Oh, and I'm natural, 3 something.

I have a COnair ionic one. I like it- it is easier for me than trying to use a roundbrush and blowdryer at the same time. Mind you, I don't get flatiron results and my hair is still somewhat puffy and sometimes a little wavy, but I have very little patience for blowdrying and flatironing so other's results would probably be better.

Oh, and I'm natural, 3 something.

I would like to know if these hot air brushes have the same drying FORCE/POWER as an actual blowdryer.

Does your Conair ionic tool have the same force as a blowdryer?

CONAIR® Infiniti Hair Designer - this one is quite powerful!

No metal - nowhere.

If you go to Bed Bath & beyond - you can use a 20% off coupon - and if you don't like it - you can return it for a full refund.

I would like to know if these hot air brushes have the same drying FORCE/POWER as an actual blowdryer.

Does your Conair ionic tool have the same force as a blowdryer?

I have the Babyliss one with the boar bristles, and yes it does. I actually use it instead of the blowdryer before straightening my hair. My hair comes out soo much better this way. I've never gotten flat ironing results as good when I just blowdry. I guess its because the brush allows your hair to get much straighter than a blowdryer could, so in the end the flat iron doesnt have to work as hard.

CONAIR® Infiniti Hair Designer - this one is quite powerful!

No metal - nowhere.

If you go to Bed Bath & beyond - you can use a 20% off coupon - and if you don't like it - you can return it for a full refund.

Thank you for this post and thank you OP for the thread. I've never heard of these.

I never flat-iron (hair's too thick + no patience for it) and blow drying is not something I enjoy. This may be PERFECT. I'd never heard of them before! Thank you!

I have the Babyliss one with the boar bristles, and yes it does. I actually use it instead of the blowdryer before straightening my hair. My hair comes out soo much better this way. I've never gotten flat ironing results as good when I just blowdry. I guess its because the brush allows your hair to get much straighter than a blowdryer could, so in the end the flat iron doesnt have to work as hard.

I have the Babyliss Blow Brush as well, I've used it once and my hair came out very straight.

I have this one by Remington (I think Revlon has one similar for less money). I just got it so haven't used it except on a test spot. It straightened and dried the test spot. I'm natural with 4 something hair (I think). I tried it on dry and wet hair. It's 1200 W, has a boar bristle paddle brush attachment and it's titanium/ceramic with some sort of ion release.

41C4wZtzIiL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Last edited:
Ohhhhhhhhhh, I had one and I loved it!!!! After it broke I jut havent replaced it but for some odd reason I've been looking for it :lachen: So I guess that means I need a new one. It was perfect for in between washes, hair that needs to be silkified after humid air or rain <sigh>
I'm going to look online for a new one.
ETA: I want to try the instyler.

I have a cheapie 350 watt one by Conair. It has a hard brush and a soft brush attachment. So far I have used it to smooth the dents and blow my roots out after a ponytail rollerset. It worked great. I am planning on using it for touchups when my roots get damp after a workout. It was about $16 at Walmart.

1. What brand did you use (post a pic if you can, please :grin:)? I've used two different Conair ones that are not available anymore so no pics :(

2. What type of hair do you have (4a/b, etc.), and are you relaxed/natural/texlaxed, etc.? If you are stretching, how much new growth do you have? I have multi textured hair from wavy to more kinky. I've used it on my hair freshly relaxed, texlaxed and with lots of NG after about a ten week stretch.

3. How many times have you used it, and how well did it work on your hair? I've used it probably 10-11 times and they just make my hair really huge and fluffy. And it took forever to get one section dry. I think my hot brushes were just too wimpy for my hair.

4. What state was your hair in when you used it? (i.e., was it soaking wet with no product, soaking wet with a leave-in, totally air-dried with no product, etc. ) I used mine on damp air dried hair with leave in. I tried on dryer hair but it just did not work for me.

Back