Hopeless

Farida

Hi ladies.

I am young and should be in my prime. Instead I feel lonely, depressed, unattractive, resentful and as 2011 rolled in for the first time I did not look forward to anything. At best I was happy 2010 was over, at worst I hated the prospect of another year of crap.

I don't know if it is my mom getting sick throwing a wrench in my entire life but my soul just bleeds.

It is only January and I feel like I'm just going through the motions. Winter doesn't help either.

Suffering is horrible and nobody likes it but do not lose heart. We all go through it but we don't have to let it control our emotions and outlook on life. That is a learned process, however. Do what you need to change your situation for the better and don't allow negative folks near you!

:bighug:
Ps. 4- 1 Answer me when I call to you, my righteous God. Give me relief from my distress; have mercy on me and hear my prayer.

42- 1 As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, my God.

5 Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God. 6 My soul is downcast within me; therefore I will remember you… 9 I say to God my Rock, “Why have you forgotten me? Why must I go about mourning, oppressed by the enemy?”
11 Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God.
55 22 Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken.

73- 23 Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand. 24 You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory. 25 Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you. 26 My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. 27 Those who are far from you will perish; you destroy all who are unfaithful to you.

28 But as for me, it is good to be near God. I have made the Sovereign LORD my refuge; I will tell of all your deeds.

I understand how you feel. I've been there and what helped me not to go under many times was that I was listening to messages by Joyce Myer and others while doing my work. Things started sinking in and one of the biggest and most effective thing was to get a positive affirmation that you say upon waking up in the morning. Basing it on scripture was my way of doing it. Then throughout the day stop and think about what you are thinking about and choose to reject the ones that are negative. I have had to write down scriptures and learn them inorder to deal with some recurring thoughts.

Our thoughts can actually frame our attitude and our lives. Another thing is to set a time when you give God thanks for somethings in your life. Even if it's just your finger nail polish. Training my heart to see the things I can be thankful for saved me from much.

I've come a long way but still have to fight off simillar feelings. I'm glad I made the effort to change though. I pray and hope that you will feel the connection from the God of hope and know that because of His love for you everything that happens in your life can be used for your good in some way.

Hi ladies.

I am young and should be in my prime. Instead I feel lonely, depressed, unattractive, resentful and as 2011 rolled in for the first time I did not look forward to anything. At best I was happy 2010 was over, at worst I hated the prospect of another year of crap.

I don't know if it is my mom getting sick throwing a wrench in my entire life but my soul just bleeds.

It is only January and I feel like I'm just going through the motions. Winter doesn't help either.

:bighug: :grouphug2: :love3: :grouphug2: :bighug:

Loved one.... this is only for a 'season'. God is doing a cleansing and what you are feeling is what He is clearing out of you. :yep: Yes He is. All of the fears, and disappointments, negative news reports, set backs, hindrances, delays, ..... they have a way of leaving dust and deposits of themselves within us and just like dust bunnies under a bed or chair or sofa, they accumulate and God steps in to clean em' out.

The process you are feeling is just that... the process. As the debris is being pulled and cleared from your heart, you will sense it's presence and the good and wonderful news is that the Joy of the Lord which is your love and is your strength, is filling up your heart from the bottom..... up. So much so, that you will 'forget' you ever felt this heaviness in your being.

In the meantime, Love has always been your design and your perfect makeup. Allow this love to have it's perfect work in you. God is truly bringing you through. Look forward for you will indeed see the better that is coming to be.

In I Kings, the Word of God shares when it did not rain for three years, yet when the rain, was approaching with it's return to replenish the earth, no one could see the cloud, except Elijah. Elijah has been ignoring the dry season, [meaning that he had faith in God's preservation]; when he sensed the end of the dry season, he placed his ear to the ground and he could 'hear' the coming cloud, filled with rain. His servant did not understand how this could be. Elijah told him to go back and look a the sky. And when the servant went to look again, he reported to Elijah, that there was a cloud that was the size of a fist. The rain was on it's way.... :yay:

It may feel to you that life has been taking it's fist and beating you beyond black and blue. However, God has a fist even bigger just for you. He has a fist that has been clenched tightly to hold the gift of a new season; a new season He has promised to you. A fist for the dryness...A fist filled with rain to cleanse you inside and to fill you with a joy for life... once again.

Be at peace, loved one. It's raining... showers of blessings all around you. If you don't feel it, that is only because you are being sheltered under God's umbrella... of love. :love5:

Last edited:
I understand how you feel. I've been there and what helped me not to go under many times was that I was listening to messages by Joyce Myer and others while doing my work. Things started sinking in and one of the biggest and most effective thing was to get a positive affirmation that you say upon waking up in the morning. Basing it on scripture was my way of doing it. Then throughout the day stop and think about what you are thinking about and choose to reject the ones that are negative. I have had to write down scriptures and learn them inorder to deal with some recurring thoughts.

Our thoughts can actually frame our attitude and our lives. Another thing is to set a time when you give God thanks for somethings in your life. Even if it's just your finger nail polish. Training my heart to see the things I can be thankful for saved me from much.

I've come a long way but still have to fight off simillar feelings. I'm glad I made the effort to change though. I pray and hope that you will feel the connection from the God of hope and know that because of His love for you everything that happens in your life can be used for your good in some way.

:bighug: You're a sweetheart... :love3:

all the ladies that posted are so right. this wasn't directed to me but I did feel better and was keep nodding while reading this. There are precious words and advice in those posts. I'm just adding my :bighug: and say this too shall surely pass. Jesus loves you and is about something in your life just now. It hurts first, pray and don't give up, hang in there and He will dry your tears and let you see the wonderful plan He has for you.

This too shall pass but by Jesus'name and power, you will still stand there :Rose:. The better is to come, trust Him and you may even get a chair around here for some support :yep:

I understand exactly how you feel. But God will open doors. Trust me. I know that it hurts but hang in there. I know it may seem as if there is no way out. TRUST ME I KNOW. Just keep believing. I know that it is very difficult but you WILL make it in Jesus name.

All things work together for good for those who love the Lord. What is happening to you now. You probably will see the good in it years form now. Something that happened to you in your past years ago. May creep up on you in 2011 and rescues you.

If things had of worked out as you wanted in your past. Your blessing to come "soon" would not be as great. Trust me I know exactly how you feel like, " What's the use"?

I don't like going through the fire either but I HAVE too. Sigh. SMH. I don't have to like it. However, God knows what he is doing.

It's coming.

Thanks ladies for your support. I started feeling better earlier this week but weekends are particularly difficult because I have more time on my hands.

Farida, you know what? having more time shouldn't be a problem. In fact, you're blessed to have this time in your hands, to stay still, read the Bible, talk yo yourself, talk to the Lord, and let Him talk to you, entertain you. He is the best at it, I'm telling you. That more time you have, use it and dare do all those things that you wouldn't do in first place.

It sounds simple and may not be, I know but you'll get there, hun. You're doing great, don't let yourself down.Sometimes, just having a walk while giving glory to God for all the things you can see and feel (the wing, trees, birds, people...) is like being rejuvenated. It will get better, Farida :flowers:.

Beautiful post Shimmie!!!

Farida, I feel you, I have been where you are many times over the past few years. The Bible says to not be weary in well doing, because we SHALL reap if we faint not. My pastor reminded us yesterday that weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning. So if weeping is here, JOY MUST follow.

One of the biggest most widespread tactics of the enemy right now seems to be to steal our FAITH. By stealing our faith, he can just take everything else he wants from us like candy from a baby (our peace, our happiness, our joy, etc.). So put on the armor of God DAILY - especially the SHIELD OF FAITH so that you can quench every firy dart the enemy sends your way. (See Ephesians 6 below).

I wholeheartedly agree with Shimmie's post. Although I still struggle with many of my prayers going "seemingly" unfulfilled, I also have to marvel at the cleansing that has happened over the past 2 years. Old habits no longer have a grip on me. The work is not complete, but I am amazed at how far I've come through this cleansing process. IT HURTS! But it will be worth it.

Sometimes we don't really get to know who God is until we have been in the fire. Think of the 3 Hebrew boys. They trusted and believed in a God they could not see even at the risk of death, but they did not SEE GOD until they were in the fire. And God delivered them so that they came out of it without even the scent of smoke.

Please don't let the enemy win. Don't let him take your shield, and certainly don't give up and just hand it to him. If you drop it (like I have done several times myself), pick it back up and ask God to help you carry it. God sees what your end will be, and it is good. Please keep trusting. Love and hugs Farida! You WILL make it through.

ARMOR OF GOD:
"Be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

"Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one."And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints...." Ephesians 6:10-18

GOD SHOWS UP IN THE FIRE:
24 Then King Nebuchadnezzar leaped to his feet in amazement and asked his advisers, “Weren’t there three men that we tied up and threw into the fire?”

They replied, “Certainly, Your Majesty.”

25 He said, “Look! I see four men walking around in the fire, unbound and unharmed, and the fourth looks like a son of the gods.”

26 Nebuchadnezzar then approached the opening of the blazing furnace and shouted, “Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego, servants of the Most High God, come out! Come here!”

So Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego came out of the fire, 27 and the satraps, prefects, governors and royal advisers crowded around them. They saw that the fire had not harmed their bodies, nor was a hair of their heads singed; their robes were not scorched, and there was no smell of fire on them. 28 Then Nebuchadnezzar said, “Praise be to the God of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego, who has sent his angel and rescued his servants! They trusted in him and defied the king’s command and were willing to give up their lives rather than serve or worship any god except their own God. 29 Therefore I decree that the people of any nation or language who say anything against the God of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego be cut into pieces and their houses be turned into piles of rubble, for no other god can save in this way.”

30 Then the king promoted Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego in the province of Babylon.

Last edited:
Back