Hope for the brokenhearted

Chrissy811

Ladies

I need your help, I have a fellow sister in christ, who has been dealing with a broken heart for sometime now (a few years actually) and she called me rying again this morning, I tried to comfort her as best as I could do you guys have any advice on how to talk this issue out with her. I have seen how this one area has stunted her life in so many ways.

Thanks ladies..

I hurt for your friend.

I've been there. I still have heartbreak from time to time and not just over a man... but I am now through God...more...able to surrender and ..forgive ..release...turn closer to God....
I guess what doesn't kill you...

For me it was six years ..each year I watched the following year go by still heart broken...I couldn't believe it had gone
on one year ..three years ...five.....
there was one year where I cried every day.... I would do my best to have one day without go by without breaking down and I just couldn't do it. I think the heart has its own healing timetable and being a loving friend is invaluable..I wish there were easier answers.....maybe one will come up

a well meaning black therapist and a woman.... insisted I go on a date and that was the beginning of my online dating as she said it would be the fastest way to access male attention and control how much or little I wanted. It was a big help. Turned a lot of things around.

what else helped me after I spent a lot of time in prayer and fasting
and being alone...was being with community with Church...with others was healing and soothing....and learning to give loving nurturing care to myself..

and this might sound radical but something to distract from constant pain because
it can be addictive

Definitely professional support like counseling if she can go two or three times
Volunteering where love is needed
Watching comforting movies and cartoons I always watch the Flintstones
on loop

Continued prayer
Being in support talk groups with women...
Taking one day workshops in gentle spiritual classes
Online dating communication was very helpful..it accessed male attention at my tempo..under my control...
Making myself accept friend's invitations
Attending meetups
Allowing myself to retreat from time to time
Intercessory prayer from others and hands-on healing..
Doing gentle nature activies like sitting by the water ..
watching the sunset....sitting under a tree anything that realigned me with God's creation

Sending her love:Rose:

Last edited:
I will keep her in my prayers. I admit, I'm in a place of broken heartedness now (and it's not over a man). It's a place where I'm in a difficult place, not sure what direction my life is headed in.

I try to remember to trust God, and know that He knows what's going on.

Pray without ceasing. I am at a point in my life where
Either I love my x/fh more and or I love God more and My x/fh will be their on the other side of my valley experience! I had to remember my realtionship was outside of the will of the Lord and when your life lines up with God's will either a person can get right or get LEFT! Being in the Valley at first was a very painful experience. However, just meditating on God's word and asking the Lord to please help me over, and over and over. God did it has been 2 months and I just take it one day at a time! I just placed my x/fh at the Lord's feet and move forward! If he is on the other side of the valley then I know that is God's man for me if not. Then I know someone else will be waiting.

Thanks Ladies

She has been dealing with this for years now about 6 or 7 if I remember correctly, she has ups and downs or will see something that triggers it and then it is all down hill and she starts over, I trul want to see her broken heart healed, I get choked up just thinking about it.

I guess, the approach would be different depending upon whether she is brokenhearted and in a relationship or broken hearted over the loss of a relationship.

If she is in it, then there is not much you can do for her except listen and pray. Any advice that you give will likely go in one ear and out the other until she is ready to move on.

If she is out of the relationship then pray for her strength, distract her. Listen when she wants to talk about it, but don't go out of your way to bring it up. Show her all the things that are in her life that are worthwhile.

If she is out of the relationship then pray for her strength, distract her. Listen when she wants to talk about it, but don't go out of your way to bring it up. Show her all the things that are in her life that are worthwhile.

She is out and I never bring it up, it seems as thought it hits her when she has down time, is at home by herself. I call her and invite her places with me and my sisters. My DH told me that all I can do is be encouraging and keep praying. I just want her to know that the only thing that matters is how God sees her....

maybe she should get some counseling from someone at church or a professional. tell her i will go with her since i need some help myself!LOL! i have a friend like that too. she just won't let it go and it has really affected her whole thought process. not even a knife can cut through any of all of the hurt she keeps bottled in. i hope your friend has a breakthough soon and i hope you can find a way to comfort her. sounds like you are a good friend.

Ladies

I need your help, I have a fellow sister in christ, who has been dealing with a broken heart for sometime now (a few years actually) and she called me rying again this morning, I tried to comfort her as best as I could do you guys have any advice on how to talk this issue out with her. I have seen how this one area has stunted her life in so many ways.

Thanks ladies..

hey girl i dont know if it can help i have song right now that i just wrote for the brokenhearted. it s called U WILL LOVE AGAIN, it s from my new album but i think just reading the lyrics may give your friend a little solace and appease her a lil bit. it did wonders for me i listen to it over and over and the positivity comforts me ( she can listen to it on my myspace music http://www.myspace.com/ekomba. this song really helped me when my marriage was over i wrote it after i almost die from pneumonia last year and on my "deathbed" my ex dh cried, washed my feet and said all he wanted was for me to be happy and him to be happy. that s when i let the relationship go and was able to move on and one year later met someone new. be blessed to know that you will love again and this is a message of hope for all the broken hearts. so here are the lyrics:

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

U WILL LOVE AGAIN (My new song lyrics. all written by EKAY. Music: DASOUNDESIGNER
Current mood: grateful

U WILL LOVE AGAIN BY EKAY. (THE SONG LYRICS EN ECOUTE)

U GAVE ME EVERYTHING THAT I EVER NEEDED
U WERE THERE FOR ME WHEN NOBODY BELIEVED IN
ME/ MY STRENGTH AND MY ROCK WHEN I STOPPED BELIEVING
ON MY HOSPITAL BED WHEN I ALMOST STOP BREATHING
AND I ALMOST DIED, DONT CRY U AND I ENDED BUT IT S JUST A NEW BEGINNING
TILL DEATH DO US PART, I LL STAY LOYAL IF U NEED ME
ALL I CAN SAY NOW IS BYE BYE BABY
BEST FRIENDS TILL THE END YOU PROVIDED FOR ME,
FED ME AND COMFORTED ME (NOW IT S MY TURN)
WHEN I WAS HOMELESS U PUT A ROOF OVER MY HEAD,
GAVE ME YOUR LAST BREAD AND ASKED NOTHIN IN RETURN
IT HAD NOTHIN TO DO WITH MONEY
U WERE JUST THERE FOR ME, FOR THE SAKE OF ME
HOW CAN I EVEN REPAY THAT? GOD PRAY FOR ME
SOULMATE I LL ALWAYS CHERISH YOUR MEMORY
NOW ALL I CAN SAY IS BYE BYE BABY

CHORUS
I SEE ALL AROUND THE WORLD
MEN AND WOMEN WALKIN IN PAIN
CAN'T GET OVER THEIR PAST HURTS
BROKEN HEARTS TO HARD TO MEND
SO THEY KEEP THEIR HEARTS ON LOCK
TOO AFRAID TO SETTLE DOWN
SOMETIMES IT S HARD TO MOVE ON
WHEN U BEEN HURT MORE THAN ONCE
BUT I M HERE TO REMIND U U WILL LOVE AGAIN
SO BE GRATEFUL FOR THE EXPERIENCE

VERSE 2
ONCE BITTEN... ONCE BITTEN...
ONCE BITTEN TWICE SHY
I M IN A DEAD END LOOK INTO MY EYES
MY MARRIAGE IS DEAD AN'/ I ASK MYSELF WHY?
DIVORCE IS THE TREND AS FOR MANY STARS
I REFUSE TO DATE CAUSE I GOT SO MANY SCARS
U BETTA SMACK ME BEFORE I TAKE MY LIFE FOR A GUY
LOVE IS BLIND BUT U THINK I D RATHER BE DEAD THAN ALIVE?
I M WORSE THAN A CAT I GOT 7 AND 9 LIVES!
F..! THE DRAMA I RESURRECTED MY DRIVE
LOVE FLOWS BACK I SEE IT IN THE EYES OF A CHILD
PEOPLE COME IN OUR LIVES, JUST FOR A SEASON
U HELPED ME I HELPED U WE BOTH NEEDED SEASONING
THAT S WHERE THE SIZZLE IS
LOVE KNOWS NO REASON AND FLOWS BACK WHEN U LEAST EXPECT IT TO
BUT WHO SAID IT WOULD BE FROM THE SAME SOURCE U GAVE IT??
GIRLFRIEND WHY U CRY IF HE DOES NOT WANT U
THERE S ONE AFTER HIM WHO WILL TREAT U LIKE A GEM

CHORUS
SOMETIMES IT S HARD TO MOVE ON
WHEN U BEEN HURT MORE THAN ONCE
BUT I M HERE TO REMIND U U WILL LOVE AGAIN
SO BE GRATEFUL FOR THE EXPERIENCE

ADLIB
DONT LOOK BACK IN DUE TIME LOVE WILL FLOW BACK
AND DELIVER THE ONE THAT IS MEANT JUST FOR YOU
IT SEEMS LATE BUT GOD IS NOW WORKING ON IT
SO GO AHEAD LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE WHILE WAITING ON IT
U WILL LOVE MORE THAN ONCE, I M LIVING PROOF
THERE IS LIFE AFTER THE FIRST I DO, I PROMISE YOU
LOVE FLOWS BACK, YOU WILL LOVE AGAIN
MY BROTHER YOU WILL LOVE AGAIN
MY SISTER YOU WILL LOVE AGAIN
YES I'M TELLING YOU YOU WILL LOVE AGAIN
FORGET HIM SCREW HER hihihi

all lyrics by EKAY beats: by DASOUNDESIGNER recorded at DRAFT PIC STUDIOS BY Corey CHIEF WALKER

She is out and I never bring it up, it seems as thought it hits her when she has down time, is at home by herself.

that was one of the toughest parts of a post breakup is self-isolation
leaving one alone with one's own circular thoughts and endlessly processing
all the scenarios
Pm-ing you with resources to help with this part of the grieving
(((hugs))
xoxo

Last edited:
We are trying to find a Christian one for her, she went to one that was supposed to be one but she said after a month of sessions he never consulted the bible and every week she would have to start over again because he either forgot what she said or had it twisted backwards. She said she was not going back to him.

We are trying to find a Christian one for her, she went to one that was supposed to be one but she said after a month of sessions he never consulted the bible and every week she would have to start over again because he either forgot what she said or had it twisted backwards. She said she was not going back to him.

Yuck, he sounds heinous! Good luck to her with that!!!!

Back