Hooded dryers

I have the ION 1875 watts (pink hood). Let me tell you, that sucker gets HOT! It works well though and you have 4 heat settings. I believe the negative ions really do help the condition of the hair (softness and straighter roller set).

Hmm, my hair touches between my shoulder blades. It has grown considerably since joining this board
grin.gif
. I use the purple (dark and light) and a few orange in the crown for a little extra curl. I usually sport a doobie.

How does this dryer compare to salon dryers?

I have a hooded dryer, which gets really hot, but I was still spending 2.4 hours under the dryer for a chin length bob.
I bought a Venus Floor dryer, like the one used at my Dominican Salon; it doesn't get as hot, but I get more air flow and have cut down on dryer time.

This dryer is just as hot as a salon dryer, imo. With my old dryer, Lazey Dazey, it took me 2+ hours to get dry and with a bonnet dryer it takes me about 3.5 hours. With the ion dryer, I am dry in about an 1hour 10mins, if I keep the heat on high. Personally, I cannot keep the heat on high. I only do that if I am in an extreme rush. I usually go about 20-30mins on high and then go down to med for the rest of the way for a total of 1hr 30mins.

I was wondering if you can use the big jumbo size under that hood...it doesn't look like it?

Back