HOODED DRYER/dry hard hair on crown?

mezzogirl

I noticed this week that the crown of my head is extremely dry and feels like a different texture from the rest of my hair. I use the same products on all of my hair and I was wondering if my hooded dryer is causing my crown and top hair to be dry and crunchy. :pullhair:My hair is also broken at the crown. I don't have a pibbs; I have a floor model dryer that I've used for the past ten years. I use it for deep conditioning and roller sets. When I air dry for a period of time, I don't notice dryness in the crown area.
WHAT DO YOU LADIES THINK? Can anyone give me insight?

It may just be too much heat to that area, since it's closer to the heat flow and is the first to dry, you may need to turn the temp down some or atleast once that area is dry turn the temp down to finish up the other area's.

I'm wondering if people who have the ionic dryers have the same problem or does your hair dry pretty smooth on the top?

My hair is broken in the crown area as well. You bring up a good point. If you think this is the culprit, maybe you should look into some thermal leave ins that protect your hair against heat. I'll be doing this as well.

I noticed this week that the crown of my head is extremely dry and feels like a different texture from the rest of my hair. I use the same products on all of my hair and I was wondering if my hooded dryer is causing my crown and top hair to be dry and crunchy. :pullhair:My hair is also broken at the crown. I don't have a pibbs; I have a floor model dryer that I've used for the past ten years. I use it for deep conditioning and roller sets. When I air dry for a period of time, I don't notice dryness in the crown area.
WHAT DO YOU LADIES THINK? Can anyone give me insight?

How are you styling your hair afterwards? And how do you roll your hair before going under the dryer.

I'm wondering if people who have the ionic dryers have the same problem or does your hair dry pretty smooth on the top?

I use the IONIC (hard pink hood) and I have never had that problem - have you tried adjusting it or placing a book under it so it is not so close to your rollers? You also may not want to roll that area as tight...

I read in another thread that you should put a piece of cloth at the top of your head while under the dryer as this will help distribute the heat in a more even manner...

I read in another thread that you should put a piece of cloth at the top of your head while under the dryer as this will help distribute the heat in a more even manner...

Do you just deposit it on your head or tie it like a scarf?

this happens to me too, i just put more heat protexx on my hot spot

When I'm drying, it just feels like that part dries faster so every once in a while I just reapply product there and rub it until it feels smooth and wet again and then go back under the dryer.

Should the cloth be wet, dry or does it matter?

My crown is the same way and i use heat maybe once a month. It's a whole different texture, and hard, rough, and dry. I use extra moisture there, and it still seems dry but at least it's growing now, and no breakage!

Back