Honeyquat. how do YOU use it?

I have been using honeyquat for about 3 months now and I add a cap full or two (depending on the size of the product) to my deep conditioners, moisturizers, leave-ins so far. I'm thinking about mixing it with a little aloe vera gel and aloe vera oil, my daily moisturizer, and a little bit of JBCO for shine.

I put a little in my shampoos, I put some in a spray bottle with water and a little leave in condish, I added some to conditioners that I hate and now use as prepoos....um, I added a little to moisturizers that didn't moisturize, now they rock. I've added some to my DC's, I even mixed a little with shea butter and aloe...I use it in everything...:yep:

I have been using honeyquat for about 3 months now and I add a cap full or two (depending on the size of the product) to my deep conditioners, moisturizers, leave-ins so far. I'm thinking about mixing it with a little aloe vera gel and aloe vera oil, my daily moisturizer, and a little bit of JBCO for shine.

Hi, Aggie, what is JBCO?

Bumping to ask--does anyone know if honeyquat is a natural hair lightener, like honey? I am trying to avoid these types of products.

I have a spray bottle with honeyquat, SAA and water, I sprayed it on my hair with dc and sat under dryer for about 20min, once dried and falt ironed I could barely comb it, it felt hard and brittle but yet it was shiny, so I had to rewash and condition then my hair was soft and manageable, maybe i needed a little moisture. Im scared to use them again but I dont want to waist them

I have a spray bottle with honeyquat, SAA and water, I sprayed it on my hair with dc and sat under dryer for about 20min, once dried and falt ironed I could barely comb it, it felt hard and brittle but yet it was shiny, so I had to rewash and condition then my hair was soft and manageable, maybe i needed a little moisture. Im scared to use them again but I dont want to waist them

Because honeyquat is a humectant, it is a very bad idea to sit under a dryer with it in your hair. It's job is to pull moisture out of the air into your hair but the heat caused it to dry up instead.

The reverse of what is intended actually happened because I'm sure the air under your dryer had far less humidity than 65%. Humectants work best when the humidity in the air is 65% or above.

But if there is no moisture to pull from the air, it will try to get it from your scalp instead or in this case, your hair itself, hence the dryness. Bummer, I know, but that's how humectants work. Just be careful how you use them.

Last edited:
Back