Honeyquat. how do YOU use it?

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
I bought some after reading about the great moisture binding properties. I'm in search of the 'ULTIMATE CONDITIONER/HYDRATOR' :). I love my current DC but I've stopped using conventional shampoo (using shikakai and soapnut/aritha) and am having build-up issues from the conditioner.

I know Sareca uses it in her Red Palm creme, how other ladies using it?

What are your experiences/thoughts?

TIA ladies

You have buildup with a skikakai bar? Mine really cleans my scalp.

As far as your product, I've never heard of it, but I hope someone answers your question.

Bump!

I use a tea rinse with shikakai and aritha I haven't tried a bar...:scratchch

This is some info on honeyquat from Lotioncrafter.com (where I bought it)

"Honeyquat is a naturally derived quaternized conditioning agent made from honey with excellent moisture binding capabilities (far more powerful than glycerin) for use on skin and hair in both leave-on and rinse-off applications. It is substantive and moisturizing and with it's low molecular weight, able to penetrate hair to provide its moisturizing benefits over time while providing shine and luster. Honeyquat will improve wet-combability of the hair and reduce static buildup when dry combing."

You have buildup with a skikakai bar? Mine really cleans my scalp.

As far as your product, I've never heard of it, but I hope someone answers your question.

Bump!

That's not what halee said. In bracket she specifies what she is currently doing and out of bracket she said that she has stopped using conventional shampoos and that conditioners are causing buildup. Just for clarification.

Sorry Halee, I can't help you with the answer to your question, but maybe some of the ayurvedic experts like Mscocoface or Sareca will come in anad help you out some more.

I was actually thinking about buying honeyquat but didn't know how to use it so I'd like the answer to this question too.

Doing the *bump*,
I have this and just added a couple drops to my conditioner, but I don't know how to properly use it...:nono:

I too have jumped on this along with the SAA. All I do is add a few drops to my leave in conditioner maybe a capful to 8oz bottle. Afterwards, I apply the SAA directly to my hair from the bottle like sareca. My hair has been incredibly soft and silky. My curls have appear to be more defined, less frizzed and soft to the touch :grin:.
HTH....I'm interested to see what others have to say

I had been only adding it to my red palm cream but I think that's about to change. I don't know why I haven't been spreading it around. :perplexed I'm gonna try adding some to my conditioner and see if I notice a difference.

I'm thinking about adding it to my DC, or even using it straight or using it as a leave-in with water and SAA....trying to make a cone-free (and build up free) version of my beloved S-curl....I'll keep you posted with my experiments....:)

Come on ladies, I know there a few of you that use honeyquat...... your input would be greatly appreciated :yep:

ETA: typos

I add honeyquat to my spray bottle filled with distilled water, hydrolyzed wheat protein, SAA, and a little castor oil. My hair stays soft & moist for days :yep:

For some reason I can not open this file :nono:, What does it say?

Thanks

Its a brochure from Arch Chemical Co. that manufactures honeyquat they describe experiments showing Honeyquats ability to penetrate the hair as well as it having 2X the moisturizing power than glycerin.

I add a capful or so to my cheapie conditioners along w/ castor oil, SAA, and things like that. It helps me to get better use of my cheapie conditioners. I also add a capful or so to my homemade leave-in spritz.

So far, all I've used it in has been my hair spritz - I used to use glycerin, and just subbed the honeyquat for it. Right now (little 4oz bottle) there are about two capfuls of HQ, one capful of SAA, a lil amla oil, a lil tea tree oil, and water.

I DO want to add some of it to my hair butter, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

how much are you ladies using/adding to your products?

tia,
tishee

The bottle I got from lotioncrafters has a little red 'cap' that sits inside the neck of the bottle - I fill that up twice for a 4 oz bottle of spray - one capful per 2 oz of 'whatever' seems - okay, to me........ but I might be a lil heavyhanded...

The bottle I got from lotioncrafters has a little red 'cap' that sits inside the neck of the bottle - I fill that up twice for a 4 oz bottle of spray - one capful per 2 oz of 'whatever' seems - okay, to me........ but I might be a lil heavyhanded...

thanks JustKiya!

I add Honeyquat to my deep conditioners and leave ins. I also have it in a spray bottle with rosewater, glycerin, and SAA. It's great!

I add Honeyquat to my deep conditioners and leave ins. I also have it in a spray bottle with rosewater, glycerin, and SAA. It's great!

Brownie how much honeyquat do you add to your deep co and leave in? What effect does it have on your hair? Can you share with me your measurements for your spritz...it sounds so good and my tresses could use all the help they can get.

tia,
tishee

Brownie how much honeyquat do you add to your deep co and leave in? What effect does it have on your hair? Can you share with me your measurements for your spritz...it sounds so good and my tresses could use all the help they can get.

tia,
tishee

Let's see. I usually put about three capfuls in my conditioners. For my leave ins, I probably use about one capful. As for the spritz, I buy this Rosewater Glycerin spray -

It's 4 oz and I divide it in half and one bottle gets some SAA, wheat protein, and honeyquat. The other gets 1 oz of honeyquat (and someties 1 oz of marine collagen) and I will use it as a pre-leave in spray. It is great for added moisture and you know we need that sometimes. Sometimes I just spray my hair, let it soak in, and then add my conditioner on top. Works great!!!

I used it in my co-wash last night and my hair felt sooo soft and moisturized. I used a capful in my Suave conditioner.

Let's see. I usually put about three capfuls in my conditioners. For my leave ins, I probably use about one capful. As for the spritz, I buy this Rosewater Glycerin spray -

It's 4 oz and I divide it in half and one bottle gets some SAA, wheat protein, and honeyquat. The other gets 1 oz of honeyquat (and someties 1 oz of marine collagen) and I will use it as a pre-leave in spray. It is great for added moisture and you know we need that sometimes. Sometimes I just spray my hair, let it soak in, and then add my conditioner on top. Works great!!!

thanks Brownie. I am unable to tell from the pic but who makes the rosewater spritz?

ETA: are glycerine and rosewater the only two ingredients in the spritz?

tia,
tishee

Last edited:
Back