• 4-6 MONTHS

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • 6-9 MONTHS

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • ALL OF THE ABOVE!!

Votes: 7 24.1%

• Total voters

TLC1020

Ladies what would you say is the time frame of the honeymoon stage??
When you are dating and courting and everyone is on their best behavior and not letting their true character and habits show!!!

Last edited:
You mean the stage where you guys are happy and getting along right after the marriage?
I'd say it lasts about 6 months.:drunk:

I mean the beginning when you are dating and courting and everyone is on their best behavior and not letting their true character and habits show :ohwell:.

You mean the stage where you guys are happy and getting along right after the marriage?
I'd say it lasts about 6 months.:drunk:

I mean the beginning when you are dating and courting and everyone is on their best behavior and not letting their true character and habits show :ohwell:.

Ohhhhhhhh, then I say 1-2 months, cause that's about how long I can fake the funk before acting the fool I am!:grin:

I think that stage can potentially last for quite some time, maybe even a couple of years. Especially if you aren't married or living together.

It can last as long as years, especially depending on how much time you spend together and how forthright you are with each other. In fact, for some people the true colors don't come out until a commitment is made.

I think FH and mines' lasted about 1 month. At that point is when we felt so comfortable with each other and thought we had it all...then all hell broke loose (I exaggerate:lachen:). Anyway, there are things (big ones) I found out about him after 1 year of dating. I'm talking someone I spent EVERYDAY with, talking, going out, vacationing with family etc. That's why I get so surprised when people marry after less than even 6 months (let alone a year) of dating.

Life is a funny thing though, I know a couple who dated 2 weeks and got married and they are still together, 5 years later. I'm pretty sure their first year was hellish.

It can last as long as years, especially depending on how much time you spend together and how forthright you are with each other. In fact, for some people the true colors don't come out until a commitment is made.

I think FH and mines' lasted about 1 month. At that point is when we felt so comfortable with each other and thought we had it all...then all hell broke loose (I exaggerate:lachen:). Anyway, there are things (big ones) I found out about him after 1 year of dating. I'm talking someone I spent EVERYDAY with, talking, going out, vacationing with family etc. That's why I get so surprised when people marry after less than even 6 months (let alone a year) of dating.

Life is a funny thing though, I know a couple who dated 2 weeks and got married and they are still together, 5 years later. I'm pretty sure their first year was hellish.

True, there are some couples have been able to maintain their honeymoon period for 50-60 years. I see couples an elderly man and his wife, still holding hands.

months 1 - 12. but i voted 6-9 for the sake of the poll. i think within that first year, both parties are still on their best behaviour and you see things with rose tinted glasses. this is probably why i don't think i'd accept an engagement until 2 - 2 1/2 years into the relationship.

Im real from day one so how you get me is how you get me BUT I know I can be a little blunt with words so I may not say some things during that honeymoon stage (which is like the first 6 months). But after that whatever I feel Im saying it, not sparing your feelings at all. So first 6 months for me.

Thats how it happened for my high school child development teacher. Her and hubby dated for 9months then got married and have been for about 20years. She said she knew what she wanted and he was it.

Oh I agree with the above^ I really dont have a honeymoon period I am who I am and I dont make excuses for it. But guys I've dated usually change after the 1st month.

Back