HoneyLemonDrop your hair is GORGEOUS

Hey Pharmd :wave:
Your hair is beautiful!!! How do you style your hair without heat? Do you put your hair in a bun right after washing/conditioning?

Yep

If so, do you put any products on your hair to help moisturze/hold in place?

My moisturizers are Nexxus Headress, my oil mixture and my daily water spritzing. I only use gel on the sides when I'm well into the weeks post relaxer then I use Frizz Buster Straightening gel and a scarf for about 30 minutes in the morning.

Also, how do you prevent breakage from the ponytail holder, when you wear your hair in a bun every day?

I never, ever use holders...I just twist, roll and pin it up with a Good Hair Days pin or some pretty hairs sticks. Im truly afraid of everything else.

After washing and conditioning my hair I put some lacio lacio in my hair and combed it out in then put my hair in a bun. But when my hair started to dry, it looked dried out, lack luster and then my head started hurting like I had my bun too tight. I guess as my hair dried, my hair got too thick. I'm trying to do the no heat thing, but my har is not co-operating.

Ive never tried Lacio Lacio. Maybe you should try just using the hair pin to avoid having your hair pulled tight with a ponytail holder....and also try 100% coconut oil (the kind you cook with) for a really brilliant shine. For the dry feeling perhaps you can spritz with water through out the day...Just lightly, nothing major and dampening.
I hope this helps a little. My regimen does vary but not much. I may experiment here and there but I always go back to my trusty Nexxus stuff:grin:

i echo what everyone else has said. you really do have gorgeous hair!! :yep:

do you have alot of shedding when you wash? this is my big issue. i'm very frustrated and want to compare notes...

pink_flower said:
I've always loved your hair!

Are you still taking Freeda Biotin?

Thanks :) ...No not right now. I havent taken it in about 2 months...I meant to order some for the spring and summer but I never got around to it. I do love taking Freeda Biotin in the warm weather though.

adrienne0914 said:
i echo what everyone else has said. you really do have gorgeous hair!! :yep:

do you have alot of shedding when you wash? this is my big issue. i'm very frustrated and want to compare notes...

Hey Idle er Adrienne!!!!:grin: No, I dont have much shedding at all. I thank Keraphix for that. There was one time when I over massaged my scalp during a wash and a bit more hair came out than usual. Guess Im just heavy handed :lol: .

Tanelions said:
When I first became a member I just happend to come across her album while searching for something. Every other day I rack my head trying to remember who was the lady, with all that hair, that made the comment in her album about having hair a certain length her whole life until she came to lhcf. When I looked in her album I was like :yay:. Finally. Your comment and hair has been a motivator for me since. Like so many others, such an inspiration.

WOW, It feels so good to know this. Thanks!!! I am so happy that you were inspired.

HoneyLemonDrop said:
Hey Idle er Adrienne!!!!:grin: No, I dont have much shedding at all. I thank Keraphix for that. There was one time when I over massaged my scalp during a wash and a bit more hair came out than usual. Guess Im just heavy handed :lol: .

Gurrrrrrrrl...HLD, you know you got the bomb diggity hair ...
Adrienne, revered hair idol :notworthy , is up in your scalp...:look:

Thanks again ladies, I have been feeling down lately (work related issues) and reading this thread has definitely lifted my spirits.

HoneyLemonDrop said:
OH MY STARS:eek: !!!! I am so flattered. Thanks so much for the compliments guys. Ive been living with the monotony of bun wearing and other protective styles for almost 2 years. Im glad it's finally paying off.

I'm still using the Nexxus Botanoil shampoo and Keraphix every couple of days along with my Headress and oil mixture, and basically just keeping it up. I dont really use heat at all...only when i am taking pictures after a touch up. Also 3 days ago I discovered something that I refuse to let go of...Kids Organic Sheabutter detangling Moisturizing Hair Lotion ( I mentioned it also in the hit and miss thread). I have not come across anything better to detangle my hair, especially when I'm several weeks post relaxer. I HIGHLY recommend it.

You know Ive always been a BIG fan of your hair, is beautiful and grew so quickly!!! Youre one of my HAIR IDOLS!

cupcake said:
:eek: I love your hair HoneyLemonDrop! :)
Me too!! :eek: I think I need to pull out all those bottles of Nexxus products again that I brought on sale at Target a number of months ago. The key is to stick with it-It will not happen overnight.... :wallbash:

Thanks ladies...

Spidergul, I've been sleeping on Nexxus for a long time. When I finally started using it, I couldnt believe how well my hair responded to it. Im so glad I rediscovered Nexxus. I hope all who decides to use it gets great results as well..... Why do I feel like a corny behind commercial:lol: ???

Country gal, those aint highlight my dear,:lol: ....That's the result of a peroxide experiment gone horribly wrong.....You should have seen my poor head when I first did it 3 years ago....just sad :lol:.

Oh my. Your hair is so beautiful! Where do you get the moisturizer you said you found and won't let go of now? (Kids..shea butter?)

YamisGirl said:
Oh my. Your hair is so beautiful! Where do you get the moisturizer you said you found and won't let go of now? (Kids..shea butter?)

wow! Your hair is beautiful HLD!! I'm dreaming of the day when I get my ponytail to look like that!

Your hair is beautiful! I am going to try the Nexxus Keraphix again. By the way, JC Penney has Nexxus products on sale at buy one at regular price and get one for a dollar. I just bought the big bottles of Humectress and will prob go back and get the Keraphix (although I need to use up what I have.) The sale is on until the 29th. My hair still sheds a lot and I seem to have only gained a couple of inches past the length in my avatar, which means my growth has slowed down tremendously and I am not sure why. I wash once a week; I notice I lose more hair when my hair is wet, so more frequent washing is not an option. I use NO heat and only wear a bun. I am bored
S T I F F with this style but will reevaluate at the end of the year. I think one of my problems is using hair dye to keep out the grays. I will either have to go natural to keep using color or go gray and keep the perm. Another thing I did was cut down on the protein, so will start kicking that up a notch again. What a chore growing hair is!

Keep up the good work!!

Back