HONEY/EVO/AVOCADO/COCONUT MILK - WOW!

Edie

Add these to your conditioner the next time you deep condition. I got back from a trip last Friday. I did not get to wash my hair for over a week. So well last night, I decided to wash my hair again and when I went to get my regular old honey and olive oil to mix in with my conditioner I noticed 2 avocados that I had bought the week before. Well needless to say they were now not fit to eat (very mushy). I put them in the blender and put it on liquefy, mixed in some coconut mix, the olive oil, honey and my moisturizing conditioner. Put it on my head, covered with a plastic bag and a hot damp towel. Left it on for an hour (reheated the towel twice). When I rinsed my hair my hair just felt so incredibly soft. But get this ladies, when it dried my unruly 4a hair in the middle of my hair just sort of lays there and did not curl up like it usually does. Today it still feels moist. It's like it is holding onto the other products (leave in conditioner, cream hair dressing and oil) like never before, or else it is intensifying their effect. Try this I think you'll like it.

sounds interesting
scratchchin.gif

Did you use the coconut milk in the can?

i enjoy avocado and honey as a mild protein conditioner. i use heat for about 30 minutes and its great. i will surely try this, esp. since im experiencing a little breakage.

[ QUOTE ]
when it dried my unruly 4a hair in the middle of my hair just sort of lays there and did not curl up like it usually does.

[/ QUOTE ] That would be due to the coconut milk
smile.gif
smile.gif
(yes in the can). It gives me a mild texturized look. Only I got carried away with it and had some shedding after awhile. Now I'm scurred.

I've done something similar only with castor oil instead of EVOO (I'm one of the few who's hair hates EVOO) and sans the avocado. I may have to try this too.

Make sure it's coconut milk not cream!

Brooke, how much is too much? Lord knows I don't need to add another thing to my hair care regime....
nono.gif
naughty.gif
But it sounds interesting and I love the smell of coconut in my hair.
lick.gif

Girl I was trying to use the coconut milk conditioning treatment twice a week. Which would probably be OK but I would leave it on for a minimum of 4 hours.
shocked.gif
Maybe try it as a treat one day.

Wow! I already use coconut milk (in the can) mixed with EVOO as a pretreatment. Never thought to mix those in my conditioner. I must give it a try.

Glad I found this.

It's the avocado. My friend swears that the avocado straightens out her curl and makes it looser. It helps her hair to lay down more, instead of going out. Her natural hair is beautiful.

[ QUOTE ]
Brooke007 said:
[ QUOTE ]
when it dried my unruly 4a hair in the middle of my hair just sort of lays there and did not curl up like it usually does.

[/ QUOTE ] That would be due to the coconut milk
smile.gif
smile.gif
(yes in the can). It gives me a mild texturized look. Only I got carried away with it and had some shedding after awhile. Now I'm scurred.

I've done something similar only with castor oil instead of EVOO (I'm one of the few who's hair hates EVOO) and sans the avocado. I may have to try this too.

Make sure it's coconut milk not cream!

[/ QUOTE ]
It is the coconut milk. I mix coconut milk with my conditioners and it loosens the curl and softens the hair.

It's amazing. My absolute favorite find of the year. It makes my hair straighten w/o adding anything else. It's the only time I can actually see my length. It's hard not to over use, b/c it leaves my hair soooooooo soft and I barely shed at all, even after not combing for days in btwn.

I did a coconut milk, avocado, honey, AOHSR DC last weekend. My only problem was I did not liquify the mixture so I ended up with chunks of avocado in my hair (not cool). However, after I got over that hurdle, I noticed that my breakage had stopped all together. I had started a thread last week, concerned about breakage I was experiencing. After I did this DC, I have not seen a single piece of breakage all week!! Overall I loved it just for fixing my breakage problem.

This week I'm going to try the yogurt pre-poo, I heard it's a good "natural relaxer"....

Did this for the first time a couple weeks ago. Got it in my hair now for an overnight treatment :)
I use avocado, coconut milk, honey, and grapeseed oil.

Ok so I like it better with less honey and coconut milk so that it's creamier and not as liquidy. It still did a great job of conditioning my hair, but the first time felt better.

Creamier is definitely the way to go for real because I'm still finding avocado flakes in my hair... lol. Didn't have this problem last time.

Back