Homemade wrap vs. salon wrap

gn1g

The last time I wrapped my hair it came out stiffer than usual and I had to do it all over again. (nightmare)

I've noticed a lot of different wraps lately the Feather, dobie, silky and the original wrap. What's the difference?

What product or technique makes your wrap look like a salon?

What product(s) give you a smooth, silky, satiny, bouncy wrap?

I achieve my best results after a rollerset using giovanni direct leave in & diluted keracare setting lotion. Once dry I add a dab of Chi infusion or aveda serum, wrap & tie it up with my satin scarf. Turns out soft, bouncey, light every time.

I didn't know it was so many different types of wraps and I don't know what the difference is. I rollset first and wrap. This works the best for me.

It depends on how many weeks post I am.

After a fresh perm I can put about 9 rollers all over the crown and wet wrap the rest and it comes out cute - I can also just wet wrap and it will still have the fresh salon look.

A few weeks after a perm I have to rollerset first then wrap for it to be cute and salon-looking.

The more newgrowth I get the harder it is for me to get ANY wrap to look cute. I pretty much have to wear it curly or up at that point. No wrap will work for me at that time without using heat first.

I usually just do a wet wrap but after my hair grows longer I plan to try rollersetting then wrapping.

What is a feather wrap?

Back