HOMEMADE HAIR CARE?

guudhair

Is anyone using only homemade products for hair care?...(i.e., shampoo, conditioner, protein treatments, etc)...by homemade, I mean using only what you mix yourself using food and oils (no premixed commercial products)...if so, how long have you been doing this and what were/are the results?

For instance...
shampoo = baking soda + water
conditioner = Avocado + whatever
protein treamtment = egg yolk + oil + whatever
moisturizer/sealer = jojoba oil + castor oil

Thanks for posting...your mix seems great...I'll have to try one of them...yesterday I used baking soda, jojoba oil, castor oil and tea tree oil (maybe a drop) to wash my hair...I'm currently in braids and I think it did a good job...I didn't see any debris, dirt, flakes or anything left in my hair...and my new growth doesn't feel dry...

I really want to start only using homemade mixes on my hair and face for a while just to see if I notice a big difference since there won't be any chemicals used.

Let me know how yours turn out.

I make my hair and skin care items and have been doing so since June 07. My overall results I believe have been good and I will continue to do so. I have found many recipes here, from nature with love and so many other websites. I like being in control of what is going in my hair, on my face and skin and now I have begun looking closer look at the food that I am ingesting.

I make my hair and skin care items and have been doing so since June 07. My overall results I believe have been good and I will continue to do so. I have found many recipes here, from nature with love and so many other websites. I like being in control of what is going in my hair, on my face and skin and now I have begun looking closer look at the food that I am ingesting.

Do you think your hair (and skin) is healthier than before you started making your own products?

I believe it has. I have had about 6 inches of growth this past year which is the "norm". But my hair is much stronger and thicker. My husband last night was commenting on how much my hair had grown and thickened. So, if nothing else the thickening has me kicking my heels together. I have always had thin fine hair and trouble with my front edges and they seemed like they would never go/grow past my ear. Of course it was growing but breaking just as fast.

It has finally reached the shoulder. and you can see the new growth has come in much thicker than the what the old growth has. So, I will keep expanding my knowledge of natural products. I also grow many of the herbs that I use. Basil, rosemary, thyme, marjoram and more. I have about 8 aloe vera plants because I use aloe vera for everything. prepoos, shampoo, dc, my feet (oh my goodness makes your feet soooooo soft) I use it as my astringent although some use it as their moisturizer.

I guess I am.

Shampoo: Shikakai and aritha powder
Deep conditioner: coconut milk, honey and yogurt
Protein treatment: henna

Back