HOMECOMMING HAIR PLEASE HELP!!!

ineedmoney

hi lhcf'ers!! i am senior in high school and cheerleader so needless to say homecomming is the most important part of the year. we are playing our rival and have to look good!!!! my hair is several lentgths but for the most part it goes to my sholders in the back and a little lower than my chin in the on the sides and i have this really short part that i kind to sweep to the side like bangs that goes to my ears. all this is natural type 4 hair. i was thinking i want rock wavey crimps (think aaliyah in the rock the boat video) now to achieve this style i was gonnna go to the shop and get that good ole pres and curl but i have a question: how do you maintain this style over night without adding more heat. i know with my flip i would roll it with big rollers then take the rollers out and pick out the curls. is ther type of curler i can use for this style or should i get my hair done on game day.

also if anyone could find pic of this style could you post it so i can give it to my stylist. thank you

btw so you don't think that i am risking good hair heath for style i'm currently rocking braids and want to got the shop to get my hair pressed so that i don't use an insane amount of heat to achieve my sytle and then in turn lose my hair.
wink.gif

I think you should get your hair done the same day just in case. Will crimps on natural hair hold up to you alls cheers and routines? I know if you are a flyer, it would be hard to keep most hairstyles. I was a natural when I was a cheerleader and my hair was always a puff after the games (i usually wore a press and curl to games).

I don't think you are sacrificing your hair health for one day. My homecoming is in November and I'm planning on flat ironing it straight because no one usually sees my real hair and I want to shock everyone that weekend, hair health or not. Besides, you're a senior and you gotta look sexy fine. You can always make it up by pamperong your hair next wash.

well i'm a base so i don't have to worry about that. my only problem is that when i jump i loose my curls. i plan to hit it with some hold spray after it's styled though. my goold ol'e lusters pink spray doesn't frizz my hair but keeps the style. it's crackin'. thank you for your response . i was scared that i wouldn't hear from anyone.

thanks, but i ain't worried! our boys are puttin' in work and we won last night 25-8! i'm just wondering if i can win this battle with my hair, now that is were the real action is gonna be.

Hi ineedmoney

I am a longtime lurker, but reading your post mas finally made me come out
wave.gif
I also like to have the wavy/crimpy look when I get my hair pressed (I have natural 3c/4a that is a little past shoulders when it's finished shrinking and and a little above waist after a hard press). The MINUTE I get home after the press, I put a light oil (castor, carrot) on the length of the hair and put it into about 8 or 10 individual braids and then pull the braids into a bun (hopefully you will not have anywhere to go between getting your hair done and going to the game
laugh.gif
) Try not to put any ties on the end of the braids as this will leave this funny little "dent" that ruins the flow of the wave. You can sleep with this "style" (try to keep the edges smooth by tying down with a scarf AND putting on a bonnet to prevent the length from getting frizzy) and then take them out in the morning. The result should be "plump", shiny waves that will last about four/five hours (at least they only do for me- hopefully you will get more time!) You may have to finger style to hide the parts from the braids. I would try to take them out as close to the game as possible- the longer they are in braids the more the wave seems to hold.

Sorry this is so long- hope it helps and I'm sure you will look great at the game!

OshunCurls

P.S.- Oh, and if you are going to use a hairspray I recommend Aussie megahold something- I can't remember the entire name, but it WILL hold (although the hair will be kinda hard, it smells REALLY good!
wink.gif
)

Back