Hollywood beauty olive creme hairdress

La Colocha

Is anyone still using this moisturizer? I need something that i can find local. Im tired of ordering products online, spending money and constantly being disapointed. I need a new moisturizer. Any reviews appreciated good and bad, tia.

*runs in*
I hate that stuff.
I don't like how it smells...it smells really..metallic.
I don't like its color.
But most of all, I don't like the disgusting residue that it leaves on my hair. I couldn't see the residue, but man, could I feel it. It was filmy, sticky, and gross, like a weird cross between candle wax and oil.
And even worse, after I would apply it and wash my hands, I'd touch my hair hours later, and it would still be there. Then of course, it would get back on my hands. AND that nasty residue would attract dust like crazy. My hair was always dirty and dull-looking because of it.

And for all that, it didn't even moisturize my hair. It just made it feel waxy and gross. And when I tried using it by only applying to my new growth, it only made the situation worse. My new growth was crunchier and drier than before. ;_;

And I tried two separate jars from two separate CVS's just to make sure that the first jar wasn't just a dud. But no..they were both awful. I ended up finishing the first jar, but I couldn't bring myself to finish the second one. It's somewhere in my house...I should track it down and throw it out, just to make sure that no one finds it and tries to use it.

Anyway, I just don't think that HB makes very good moisturizers, but if you want to try one from their line, then IMO, Carrot Creme would be a better choice than that olive monstrosity.

I was using carrot creme before I got hip to jherri curl juice, and it actually moisturized for a while. It just didn't have much staying power, so I had to reapply it often.

Hth....:blush:

Last edited:
*runs in*
I hate that stuff.
I don't like how it smells...it smells really..metallic.
I don't like its color.
But most of all, I don't like the disgusting residue that it leaves on my hair. I couldn't see the residue, but man, could I feel it. It was filmy, sticky, and gross, like a weird cross between candle wax and oil.
And even worse, after I would apply it and wash my hands, I'd touch my hair hours later, and it would still be there. Then of course, it would get back on my hands. AND that nasty residue would attract dust like crazy. My hair was always dirty and dull-looking because of it.

And for all that, it didn't even moisturize my hair. It just made it feel waxy and gross. And when I tried using it by only applying to my new growth, it only made the situation worse. My new growth was crunchier and drier than before. ;_;

And I tried two separate jars from two separate CVS's just to make sure that the first jar wasn't just a dud. But no..they were both awful. I ended up finishing the first jar, but I couldn't bring myself to finish the second one. It's somewhere in my house...I should track it down and throw it out, just to make sure that no one finds it and tries to use it.

Anyway, I just don't think that HB makes very good moisturizers, but if you want to try one from their line, then IMO, Carrot Creme would be a better choice than that olive monstrosity.

I was using carrot creme before I got hip to jherri curl juice, and it actually moisturized for a while. It just didn't have much staying power, so I had to reapply it often.

Hth....:blush:

:look::lachen:Ok i get it, its ish. I tried the carrot cream before but it broke my hair. I need a moisturizer that has not cones, no protein, no mineral oil and no petrolium that i can find in the drug store. Is that impossible?:ohwell:

I know it's not the same thing, but I tried the Hollywood Beauty Castor Oil Creme 2 days ago and my hair feels so coated! It's like I put a jar of Blue Magic in my hair. Yuck! I really need to get my hands on the Elasta QP Mango that everyone's been raving about. Off to Sally's in the morning . . .

My mother had a big jar of it at the house when I went to visit over the holidays. The PJ in me, always looking to one-up something I have or combine it with something I have tried it (HB Olive Creme), and it was VERY GOOD on my hair. I almost wanted to snatch her jar, because it was obviously not really being used!

It left my hair soft, moisturized, and seemed to improve elasticity. It is a bit heavy, but I didn't care b/c I keep my hair braided anyway! Another good one is Mane 'N Tail Olive Oil Cream HairDress in the jar. That has protein in it, but both work equally EXCELLENT on my hair.

I use it and I like it, I hope it's cone-free cause I'm trying to give up cones. Just a lil dab works with this though cause it's kinda heavy. I use it after I spritz my hair with water/cond/olive oil and then seal with a lil coconut oil. Happy moist hair so far.

I didnt like either of them. They did absolutely nada for me, when I was using them my hair stayed dry. S curl gave me more moisture.

i actually liked it-my hair felt very moisturized and not greasy.
couldn't get down with the smell, though.

Back